Helios 103

Krang

Mu-43 Veteran
If the the Jupiter 12 was in Kiev/Contax mount...no
If the Jupiter 12 was in an M39 (LTM) mount so you would need this:
Jupiter 12 won't work on M43. The rear element goes too far in to the camera.

Krang

Mu-43 Veteran
The distance to the sensor must be the same as the distance to the film in the original camera. Otherwise the lens wont focus to infinity.

lkgroup

Mu-43 Rookie
I have the amadeo adapter and a Helios 103. I will try it on my G1 and report back if it successful. I will post pictures if it works out.

Leo

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Maybe, maybe not. Here in the US, Contaxi are more plentiful than Kievs. Many Kievs on ebay are shipped from Europe, that $20 or so shipping fee drowns out the cheap price. I picked up my Contaxi cheaper than my Kiev. At a flea market a couple of weeks back, I saw 5 Contaxes for $25 each.
I would have bought all 5 at that price. The usually go for more, even not working.

lkgroup

Mu-43 Rookie
I spoke before I checked.

"I have the amadeo adapter and a Helios 103. I will try it on my G1 and report back if it successful. I will post pictures if it works out."

My adapter goes to an M mount and my G1 adapter akes only thread mounts so I can't test the Helios 103 on my G1. All I know is that it is a great lens that I use with my M2 with the Amadeo Adpater.

Also dixeyk, I see where you live in Bellingham. I'm only about 25 miles from you to the south near Burlington,. Small world.

Leo

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
I would have bought all 5 at that price. The usually go for more, even not working.
I would have but as things went that day, those weren't very interesting in comparison. I was more interested in the Olympus PENs, the old school ones and not the new fangled digital ones, going for $35.

edmsnap

Mu-43 Veteran
I have a Helios 103 53mm and I want use it in my E-M10. I need to buy an adapter, but wich do I must buy?

The adapter should have a focus ring, correct?
I wouldn't buy that adapter... the gimmicky built-in expandable macro tube seems like a great place for problems to occur and focus to be thrown off. I'd grab this one. Cheap, solid, works great, and won't fail.

taunus

New to Mu-43

I wouldn't buy that adapter... the gimmicky built-in expandable macro tube seems like a great place for problems to occur and focus to be thrown off. I'd grab this one. Cheap, solid, works great, and won't fail.
But this one has not any focus ring... How can I focus the 103 with this one?

biomed

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike
That adapter is for C/Y (Contax/Yashica) SLR lenses. These lenses have a focus ring. The Kiev (and Contax) rangefinder camera has two mounts. One (internal mount) is for normal and wide angle lenses and has the focus helical built into the camera body. There is a second external mount on the body for longer lenses that have the helical built into the lens.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom