Heir Apparent ... Baby In A Manger

brerfox

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Brad
Beautiful work and write up. I would like to know what camera/ lens you used; the DOF is great.

MarkB1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Beautiful work and write up. I would like to know what camera/ lens you used; the DOF is great.
Thanks Brad. Gear is all here - https://beingmark.com/macro-illustrated/ - search page for camera. But basically the Pany G6 + Oly 60 with achromats and snooted flash. DOF is what you get with any camera setup - though not all gear is equal, difference here is how it's applied - taking account of what's available to fit into the plane of focus to give the impression of deep dof, often referred to as the magic angle.

Thanks PH... This is an old thread and I had to look for mention of a stick and couldn't find it. Was there a reason you mentioned a stick? I do use a stick a lot but up the ladder here wasn't the time or place, this time.
The reference was further back in ‘Being Mark’ ..... I never forgot that!

11GTCS

Mu-43 Regular
Great photos! Absolutely stunning. This makes me want to dive into macro more and more. It seems like achromatic lenses are hard to come by in M43 filter sizes, the only one I've seen for sale recently is a Sigma AML-1, would you imagine that'd work for the Olympus Macro as a starter way to play with more advanced macro concepts than just stock lenses?

MarkB1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Great photos! Absolutely stunning. This makes me want to dive into macro more and more. It seems like achromatic lenses are hard to come by in M43 filter sizes, the only one I've seen for sale recently is a Sigma AML-1, would you imagine that'd work for the Olympus Macro as a starter way to play with more advanced macro concepts than just stock lenses?
Thanks 11... As long as the glass is of a quality it doesn't impact that of the lens itself any true (not just a magnifying glass) achromat will do.

You can always use a step ring (or combination) for any size achromat. In 'recent' comments on my macro page - https://beingmark.com/macro-illustrated/ - there are links to various places including achromats, lighting, step rings, etc. If you're going to do macro they are probably worth reading.

stratokaster

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Pavel
Great photos, Mark, as usual. I especially like that some of the shots clearly show the ocelli on the wasp's forehead.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom