HEADS UP! SCAM ALERT! ISSUE with "wushumr2"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRHEdD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Bought a camera from "wushumr2" on here and the box arrived with only the battery, charger and strap. No camera. Box has not been tampered with, seals and label are intact. Also, box differs from one in his photo. Will pursue, but wanted everyone to beware until we see this is a legitimate mistake on his part. Hard to imagine boxing up a camera in a different box and forgetting the camera though.

BEWARE.

Hyubie

Unique like everyone else
Real Name
Herbert
Hmmm his username is familiar, so might be a regular member (dunno how to check via tapatalk). Hope there's a valid reason and this gets settled. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone

SRHEdD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Created the label for 2-day shipping, but didn't ship for three days after label was made, then box shows up sans camera. Nothing has been resealed, label intact, no extra taping inconsistent with original packaging. Would you ship a camera and forget the camera... And not notice?

yakky

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I'm pretty sure he flips cameras as a side business. I'd give him a chance to make it right, might have just been a mistake.

budeny

Mu-43 All-Pro
I would suggest to open Paypal claim immediately. If all this will clear as honest mistake, then you can close it any time.
What camera was it btw? EM5?

M4/3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
You might consider using the Advanced Search function to search a users posting history before buying gear from them. I'd personally be more wary of purchasing from someone who's posting history reveals they come to the forum mainly to sell gear rather than to participate in the discussions.

speedandstyle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I bet this was just a mistake - they do happen. He does have a good feedback rating.

I am not a big fan of people who just use forums to buy and sell. All of the threads he has started have been in the buy/sell/trade section{29 of them}. He has replied a few times to other people's threads however.

Cruzan80

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Sean Rastsmith
Did you contact him to check first, before jumping on here?

Sent from my LG-P769 using Mu-43 mobile app

Real Name
Todd Cleaver
I bought a lens from him this week. The lens was fine and as described. He did provide an incorrect tracking number and then was non-responsive to PM's asking for the correct number. He did refund a couple of bucks though (without me asking) when he realized he had shipped first class rather than priority.

SRHEdD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
I have a much better feedback rating here, and 12 years, with nearly 1000 transactions on ebay at 100%. I could be considered by some to be a flipper depending on your criteria. I also tend to be more forgiving of newer members when buying, because I was one of the noobs once. With a low, but fair number of posts, I figured his "probation" had passed and he was one of us. We'll see. It is very obvious that the box has not been tampered with. If he is a flipper, "jumping on here" immediately is the best response.

And look, I've sold enough cameras to have had issues. I've forgotten a cord, or sent a non-OEM battery by mistake, but I've always been overly fair on condition grading and price. I can have no tolerance for, and wouldn't expect any for, forgetting to put the CAMERA in the box. That's well into inexcusable territory for me.

Floton

New to Mu-43
Several have asked if you attempted to address this with him before posting. You have not answered which leads me to suspect you have NOT. If I am correct, then it is grossly unfair of you to post this kind of comment without having tried to resolve one to one first.

SRHEdD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Yes, I tried to contact him immediately. There has been no response, which, as I'm being told, is typical. And I'll treat "grossly unfair" WITH "grossly unfair" every time, as I consider it "grossly unfair" for me to accept that he "forgot" to put the camera in the box. What I'll likely get as a response is, "I swear I put it in there..." when anyone with any level of intelligence would look closely at this box and see that it has not been tampered with. That leaves two choices, scam, or he "forgot" to put it in there. Either deserves no less than a firm, direct approach, even if it is agitates others' sensitivities. When the camera, or a refund, are in-hand, I will be equally as flowing with the resolution. Until then this pressure is earned by his actions.

SRHEdD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
I promise all of you, had he left a cord out, or a manual, etc. I would not be this firm. I just can't fathom leaving out the source of the ad itself, in this case the camera. Then upon close inspection of the box, it all just became too suspect. I value my m4/3 experiences, and would want to be warned should this have happened to someone else on here. I'd be the one "thanking" another member for the post.

SRHEdD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
I got this a few minutes ago (with a photo):

"Hey Steven, no deception just stupidity. The E-P3 was wrapped like this and I thought it was the 12-50 that I obtained so it just sat. Was having a bunch of family drama and work so I wasn't paying enough attention. This is going out to you in the mail this morning and I hope it gets to you no later than Monday. I'm really sorry about this."

I will still stick to my belief that a firm reaction gets the best result, and it hasn't arrived yet obviously, but if Amin would like to close or delete this thread, I'll certainly post if the camera doesn't arrive. I'm still incredulous and wary.

Biro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
I hope the camera arrives as promised. Either way, the episode proves once again that some of us are definitely wired differently.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
I've almost forgotten to pack the camera on a sale :redface:. Anyway, I'm going to close this thread. Certainly we'll re-open it if the camera is not delivered in a timely fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom