Heads Up! Poor Service at Limal Germany through EBay

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by avidone, Jul 4, 2011.

1. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    I was not sure which section to put this in, but decided here since Limal, Germany are apparently contracted by Olympus for their sales of "reconditioned" goods from Germany.

This company puts lots of Olympus stuff in their EBay shop, mostly to bid on (rather than "Buy It Now") and you can get some good deals on "like new" factory reconditioned cameras, lenses, etc.

I am actually quite satisfied with my E-PL1 I got from them, but NOT AT ALL satisfied with their "customer (non-)service." To wit:

1. shipping expensive outside Germany, even within the EU
    2.very slow to reply to enquiries
    3.in fact do not reply at ALL to some enquiries
    4.shipping was slow after payment
    5.they were unclear which company would ship (DHL vs. UPS)
    6.slow to give tracking number once shipped
    7.mis-labelled address (without house number) making me have to go to extraordinary measures to correct that and get it delivered
    8. no included info on warranty and no reply to enquiries on same

And, yes, before anyone asks, they HAD my full address as evidenced by pdf invoice in addition to online records.

When I FINALLY got my package, I outlined my dissatisfaction on these points and asked for clarification of warranty, making it clear that I intended to leave negative feedback if they did nothing to clarify and rectify the situation.

Since they did not even bother to reply for 4 days, I put the negative feedback and now this post.

I really do NOT like to leave negative feedback, and am even a bit timid about it especially after another EBay vendor a few years ago (coincidentally also in Germany, a country where one expects more efficiency and better business behaviour) ruined MY feedback with negative feedback and flames (I paid them immediately and only complained after weeks waiting for a package to arrive-- my only sin was to give negative feedback after they caused a great deal of trouble for me.

Sorry to go on at length, and I do not automatically and totally warn against this vendor, but advise caution when dealing with them to understand that you may not get very good nor prompt service.