1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Heads-up: GF1 on sale

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by turbodieselvw, Jan 30, 2011.

1. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    I don't know if this is the correct forum to post this but here it is anyways. The GF1 with 20/1.7 lens is on sale until tomorrow, Jan 31, just before noon at SIG Electronics for CAN$650. Shipping is only $10 to N.Am. Canadians would have to include HST onto the price. This is much cheaper than when I purchased mine.
    Daily Killer, Daily special, SIGElectronics.com

2. walt_tbay

walt_tbay Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    This is a pretty good deal considering that I bought my GF1/20mm last April at Black's for $950. Last December, among other goodies, I bought a second GF1 body at B&H Photo in New York City for $419, so getting the lens for the extra $230 seems like a good deal.

As far as the 13% HST goes, when I returned to Canada I declared all my purchases at Canadian Customs. Even though I was way over the personal exemption limit, the customs officer just waived me through and said "Have a nice day!" so I escaped the duties and taxes. I guess the guy was having a good day :smile:

3. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    Yes, sounds like you got a CBSA officer who was having a very good day! They can be very nasty when they're not in a good mood.