Heads-up: GF1 on sale

turbodieselvw

Mu-43 Veteran
I don't know if this is the correct forum to post this but here it is anyways. The GF1 with 20/1.7 lens is on sale until tomorrow, Jan 31, just before noon at SIG Electronics for CAN$650. Shipping is only $10 to N.Am. Canadians would have to include HST onto the price. This is much cheaper than when I purchased mine.
Daily Killer, Daily special, SIGElectronics.com

walt_tbay

Mu-43 Veteran
This is a pretty good deal considering that I bought my GF1/20mm last April at Black's for $950. Last December, among other goodies, I bought a second GF1 body at B&H Photo in New York City for $419, so getting the lens for the extra $230 seems like a good deal.

As far as the 13% HST goes, when I returned to Canada I declared all my purchases at Canadian Customs. Even though I was way over the personal exemption limit, the customs officer just waived me through and said "Have a nice day!" so I escaped the duties and taxes. I guess the guy was having a good day :smile:

turbodieselvw

Mu-43 Veteran
Yes, sounds like you got a CBSA officer who was having a very good day! They can be very nasty when they're not in a good mood.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom