Heads Up: f0.95 Navitron Lens on Ebay

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by vincechu, Apr 10, 2010.

1. vincechu

vincechu Mu-43 Regular

Heres my 2nd heads up (first one was the Pana 7-14mm, with a listing name "superb lens" on ebay which a member got for £450 see https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=1850 )

Today I was browsing around ebay (i was bored :tongue:) and came across a: Navitron 25mm f0.95 cine lens in mint pretty much as new condition

The link to the auction:

Price at time of writing is $113.50USD (£73.92GBP) with 1day 22hours left to run (finishes at 13 Apr, 2010 03:15:41 British Summer Time)

Here are some images posted by someone using one on a E-P1 (The test images start from the 3rd image down, and have numbers above them)

I think test image number 3 (the girl facing away in colour) looks good but the bokeh shape's not to my liking (I prefer the CV noktons :tongue:) but this seems like a good buy to me because:

1. f0.95 lenses are really uncommon:wink:

2. The closest alternatives on ebay (Search Vivitar 0.95 or senko 25mm) are 4-6 times more expensive than the current high bid, the new Noktor f0.95 lens is $750USD (I think)

Finally I'd perhaps recommend doing a bit of research on the lens, and as usual to carefully read the item description, terms and conditions and check seller feedback etc before making a bid

If anyone gets it be sure to post some photos taken with it :smile:

btw the auction doesn't include an adaptor to m4/3

And if anyone has any info about this lens perhaps you could share below (e.g. pros and cons), it might help members decide if they want to bid or not