1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

HDR photographs at Montana D'Oro

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by brnmatsumoto, Mar 17, 2011.

1. brnmatsumoto

brnmatsumoto Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have been experimenting with HDR photography and I thought I would share the results of my efforts. These shots were taken at Montana D'Oro a park near Morro Bay, California. It was an overcast day and getting a decent single exposure shot was difficult. So I resorted to HDR using Photomatrix software. The photographs were taken with a GH1. Comments welcome.

Brian

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nice work

I'm so glad to see some HDR discussion. I've been shooting HDR for about three years and I'm really hooked! I started out with the heavy handed look, but have gradually toned down my processing. I've settled on two programs, Photomatix and Nik's HDR Efex.

Your work looks nice. I've found that the biggest mistake is using HDR when it's not required. Have you any other work posted?

• Like Like x 1
  3. brnmatsumoto

brnmatsumoto Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thank you for your kind words. I just started HDR work and have not posted any of my shots before. I am in agreement with you about over processing creating an unattractive image. My apologies for not replying sooner. I am on the road, visiting Sedona Arizona and hope to take some more shots. Many of my shots were taken with Nikon equipment and I have just started using my Panasonic cameras for this work. Presently, I have been shooting scenes with an overcast sky and flat lighting. For a single exposure, either the sky is properly exposed or I have to expose for the foreground. With HDR, I can capture both sky and foreground with the added benefit of bringing details in the sky.

Brian

4. banana101

banana101 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 5, 2011
    London
    Love the last one! :)