1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

HDR on M1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by woollyback, Dec 30, 2015.

1. woollyback

woollyback Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2015
    Rob
    hello folks,

Just got the M1 quickie question. How do people set up for AEB not auto HDR

Confused?...

Thanks for any info

Rob

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2015
  2. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
  3. woollyback

woollyback Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2015
    Rob
    brilliant will have a look - thank you

4. woollyback

woollyback Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2015
    Rob
    Folks,

Have set the camera up via menu 2 high speed shooting and AEB set at 5 frames at 1ev

Troble is that one press of shutter activates sequence but doesn't always take the same or correct number of images in sequence?

Any thoughts

Cheers

Rob

5. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    Keep it simple to start with.
    Turn off all bracketing in menu 2, put everything back to normal. Not high speed.
    Now press the HDR button on top left of the camera with the 2 position lever in postion 1.
    Turn the front dial to the position you want, it shows you how many shots and what the EV difference is. You will automatically get high speed, you don't set it.
    Press the shutter release once.
    You will get the number of shots you chose.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  6. woollyback

woollyback Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2015
    Rob
    Growltiger

Thank you so many buttons and knobs and things

Does this do auto HDR or save each file for further processing?

Cheers

Rob

7. Growltiger

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    Now if you want to use the bracketing menu, go and choose the settings you want there.
    Now set the camera for high speed.
    Then turn on bracketing - press the HDR button with the 2 position lever in position 2. It displays BKT on the screen.
    To take the photos press and hold down the shutter release. It will take all the photos and then stop.
    It sounds as if you were not holding the shutter release down.

8. Growltiger

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    No, it only does HDR itself if you choose the HDR1 or HDR2 setting, when you press the HDR button with the lever in position 1.

9. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    H speed + AEB is not same as HDR (which mandates H speed)
    For AEB you have to hold shutter button in H mode (and try to get correct number of frames) or press it multiple times in normal mode and for HDR one press will take correct number of frames at H speed.
    But AFAIK, HDR doesn't have 5x1EV option - only 2 or 3 EV steps

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  10. ice29

ice29 Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 10, 2012
    Europe
    is there a possibility to enable HDR function with full electronic or el-first curtain shutter?! (I have E-M5 II)
    With normal EV bracketing it is easy, as it takes whatever drive mode you choose. But with HDR it always changes to H-mode with normal shutter, I cannot change it. The problem is - I almost always get shutter shock with this camera and Oly 12-40/2.8 lens when shooting HDR with the "longer" exposure photos (1/50 to 1/100). Well, I get it almost with every frame generaly at these shutter speeds when using normal shutter, not only with HDR, but during normal single or continuous shooting I never use classic shutter mode... It really drives me crazy, since HDR mode is great, easier to hand-hold 3 frames with 2 or 3 EV steps than 5 frames 1EV steps... But that shutter shock bluriness annoys me....

11. Growltiger

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    No, I don't think so. You just need to avoid those shutter speeds. You could use S mode to do that.