1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

HDR function E-M10 / blend exposures in OV3?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by JanW, Jun 27, 2016.

1. JanW

JanW Mu-43 Regular

Is there an option in OV3 to blend the exposures taken with my E-M10 in HDR mode?
    Not the HDR1 or HDR2 options where the jpeg is processed in camera but the other 'HDR' modes which seem to be just an exposure bracketing mode.
    It seems there is no way to do this in OV3.
    I want to try to blend exposures without the typical HDR look, and I want to be able to process the raw images first to correct white balance etc.

And if it is not there, any recommendations for (free) software to do this?

2. algold

algold Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2016
    Alex
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Veteran

4. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I have both and much prefer Photomatix Pro. Version 5.1.3 was just released. Of course I bought the Nik plug-ins a while back.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

5. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Hugin is free and does HDR, panorama stitching, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 mobile app

6. JanW

JanW Mu-43 Regular

Many thanks for the info, I never thought there would be so many options. And differences!
    Great comparison, Glen. I'm not a fan of the tone mapped HDR Efex output and I also much prefer the Photomatix Pro image.
    Yesterday I found and installed Fusion F3 and did a quick test. Output looked OK at first sight.
    Not a real test because I did a quick handheld shot (burst of five images) and I didn't look at a 100% enlargement.

Must have a look at Hugin too, although I use Microsoft Image Composite Editor for panorama stitching.