Have resisted the temptation...until now..!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Minniesmum, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    Since getting my E-PL1 a few weeks ago, was determined not to develop LL ( lens-lust ). My main interest in entering the micro 4/3's world is to be able to use my lenses from film days. So far am enjoying honing the manual focus skills.
    The one thing I really miss so far is macro. So onto Fleabay and won an OM Zuiko 50mm f3.5 macro lens....arriving Thursday ... excited !

• Like Like x 1
  2. speltrong

speltrong Mu-43 Veteran

May 8, 2011
    Northern California
    Sweet! Macro is just so awesome :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. rparmar

rparmar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Limerick, Ireland
    Resistance is futile!

And not much fun. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  4. SCT

SCT Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2011
    Landover, MD, USA
    Macro is wonderful.

I have Minolta Macro and a bellows boot for it. Makes salt grains look like jumbo building blocks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    So true ! lol

6. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    Have a om 50 3.5 macro too, you will not be disappointed. Although it is 1:2 though i use mine with auto 25 extender

• Like Like x 1
  7. Justified_Sinner

Justified_Sinner Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Dauvit Alexander
    Forget it! It's started... I bought a Minolta Rokkor 50mm f1.4 last October and now have 10 different Minolta lenses, including the 50mm f3.5 macro and the 35-70mm f3.5 Macro Zoom (not true macro, but pretty good).
    I don't understand anyone not having lens lust!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    Thanks ! I can live with the 1:2. I've heard only good things about this lens.

9. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    LOL on the lens lust !! I'm going to a camera fair on March 25th in West Yorkshire....better have a budget methinks ... btw I have Minolta glass from my film days but no primes...... yet.....

10. grantb

grantb Mu-43 Veteran

It's hard not to develop lens lust when you have a camera which can use almost any lens ever made.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    Yes-it's almost like asking for trouble getting into micro 4/3's !

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Wow. wel done and we will get to see some pics.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

13. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    you certainly will ! I've taken hundreds over the past week or so with the other OM's but need to chose some and upload to Flickr......tonite's task ;)

14. mr_botak

mr_botak Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 4, 2011
    Reading, UK
    David
    This is another very good OM lens on m4/3. It's hard to focus really close up - for added comedy I've attempted to handhold it with the extension tubes - reckon the focus pool was about 1mm or so @ f8.

15. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    Agree...it's hard to focus close up hand-held....comedy would be an appropriate word with extension tubes lol. A challenge ;)

Cath

16. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Yeah, biggest mistake I ever made ... NOT! :biggrin: Got the Tokina 90/2.5 macro yesterday, should be a great lens and it certainly looks like one.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    Totally agree !! I got an OM Zuiko 135mm on Saturday for £20.00 and so far delighted with it.

18. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    oh and btw have ordered my first native prime... and don't shout at me guys....got the Pana 14mm f2.5. ( on the way ). I know everyone raves about the 20mm f1.7 and the Oly 14.. f1.8; but right now I looked at what I wanted which was: very compact, wide-angle, and cost ( £ 100. from fleabay -ex Pana kit as we know ). With this and my legacy stuff I have everything I need...until my car bills are paid off..lol.

19. rparmar

rparmar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Limerick, Ireland
    I got the same lens likely from the same vendor. Posted about it here to let others know.

I have the 20mm but that focal length doesn't suit me. Generally I shoot narrower, but when I need wider, 20mm does not cut it.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.