1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Have PM1, Getting PM2 Soon, Questions

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by larrytxeast, Feb 15, 2013.

1. larrytxeast

larrytxeast Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 10, 2012
    An Olympus E-PM1 kit and Nikon D5100 outfit user, I'm awaiting my tax refund at which time I intend to upgrade my E-PM1 to the E-PM2 for the newer sensor technology. A few questions:

(1) The Fn button nearby the shutter release, I've read conflicting reports--is ISO one of the options it can be remapped to?

(2) I have Lightroom 3.5--I assume no way, no how, it will work with the RAW-ORF files? I will need to update it to LR4?

(3) So far, are any users observing IBIS problems as was with the E-PM1? (In my case, IBIS seems fine, especially if I engage "anti-shock" even 1/2 second or so.)

(4) I assume that, as with the E-PM1, shooting in 4:3 ratios means the LCD has the "black box" effect due to the mismatch of aspect ratios LCD vs image? Is the E-PL5 the same way?

(5) Store with the best price?

I also am looking towards getting the Sigma 19mm and 30mm lenses, if I can still find any, the Olympus 45mm 1.8 lens also tempts me for portraits, but I figure the wife won't be open towards me upgrading to the E-PM2, getting the Sigma lenses, AND getting the Olympus 45mm.

2. Aegon

Aegon Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    Portland, OR
    (1) Yes, you can map that Fn button to ISO. Yay.
    (2) ---don't know, I think it should work, but I don't know---
    (3) I haven't noticed IBIS issues, I leave it on all the time. But I'm not stressing IBIS.
    (4) Yes, black box.
    (5) ---don't know---

3. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    You can download the camera manual here, and not have to rely on someone else guessing.

LR 3.5 - Go to the Adobe and download the latest version of Adobe DNG Converter. It will convert ORF RAW files into DNG RAW files that LR 3.x will open.

I have the E-PL5 and the LCD is 16:9 and a 4:3 actual image size of 2.5" diag.

Almost every place sells these thing for MSRP, unless Olympus has a sale, in which case everyone has it on sale

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.