Have had a " photographicalicious " day !

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Minniesmum, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    Is that a word ??? Well it should be ! lol. ok first day of driving for 6 weeks...I bit the bullet and armed with E-PL1 set off north for a flea market... incentive- one good regular camera dealer....

- met 2 older guys who are well into micro 4/3's and using their old lenses-they both have stalls at the May London photographic fair
    - got a Zuiko 135mm f3.5 lens for £20.00
    - got my OM primes to work at infinity focus with a new adapter
    - xD card arrived via fleabay for an old digi-compact

Have had a great day !

Cath

2. mr_botak

mr_botak Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 4, 2011
    Reading, UK
    David
    Sounds like a good day. Where's the flea market - I'm looking for one with a few good camera stalls.

The 135mm is very, very good on micro 4/3rds. One of the few OM lenses I've got that is usable wide open. I'm keen to see if the 200/5 is as useful. Just need to find one at a decent price!

I spent the day reminding myself that the 45/1.8 is one of the best lenses you can put in front of a m4/3 camera. Blew the OM primes I was using last week on the cherry blossoms into the dust.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    Thanks ! The stall was at Tynemouth Market. However the dealer does work out of a shop in Newcastle Upon Tyne and he is on line but the stock list isn't up to date. It's Classic Photographics in Newcastle Upon Tyne....

That 45/1.8 has produced some amazing images on Flickr....

Cath