Have had a " photographicalicious " day !

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Minniesmum, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    Is that a word ??? Well it should be ! lol. ok first day of driving for 6 weeks...I bit the bullet and armed with E-PL1 set off north for a flea market... incentive- one good regular camera dealer....

- met 2 older guys who are well into micro 4/3's and using their old lenses-they both have stalls at the May London photographic fair
    - got a Zuiko 135mm f3.5 lens for £20.00
    - got my OM primes to work at infinity focus with a new adapter
    - xD card arrived via fleabay for an old digi-compact

Have had a great day !

Cath

2. mr_botak

mr_botak Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 4, 2011
    Reading, UK
    David
    Sounds like a good day. Where's the flea market - I'm looking for one with a few good camera stalls.

The 135mm is very, very good on micro 4/3rds. One of the few OM lenses I've got that is usable wide open. I'm keen to see if the 200/5 is as useful. Just need to find one at a decent price!

I spent the day reminding myself that the 45/1.8 is one of the best lenses you can put in front of a m4/3 camera. Blew the OM primes I was using last week on the cherry blossoms into the dust.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    Thanks ! The stall was at Tynemouth Market. However the dealer does work out of a shop in Newcastle Upon Tyne and he is on line but the stock list isn't up to date. It's Classic Photographics in Newcastle Upon Tyne....

That 45/1.8 has produced some amazing images on Flickr....

Cath

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.