Hasselblad Lunar Mirrorless Digital Camera with 18-55mm Lens - $1500 shipped ($7000 MSRP)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by nublar, May 1, 2015.

1. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

80% off, eh? I guess that's why the fired the guy in charge of that division.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    I appreciate the info, but should this REALLY be posted under "Hot Deals"?
  3. tkbslc

$5500 off, man! :)
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. mw6sense

mw6sense Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    patrick cheung
    I don't dare to look at items over $1000 but it's good to know about another mirrorless brand.
  5. ScottGee1

ScottGee1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2014
    Wasn't aware that this camera exists. Here's how the description begins: "Engineered for your dreams of intergalactic space travel, the Hasselblad Lunar is built to remind you of your terrestrial origins, yet invoke a sense of the cosmos to come."

And when it was introduced (back in 2012), Dr. Larry Hansen, Hasselblad Chairman and CEO said: “It has always been my ambition to enable all fans of the iconic Hasselblad brand to have an opportunity to own one of our cameras."

US$7K?? Talk about being out of touch with reality. As tkbslc points out, Hansen is a goner:

6. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    It's just so awful. :shakehead::speechless:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. tkbslc

8. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
  9. mw6sense

mw6sense Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    patrick cheung
  10. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    I had to laugh when I saw that ad. I respect the Hasselblad 120 and medium format digital cameras based on it. Outstanding in their day and still great. But the stuff that they produced recently are, IMHO, grotesque and hugely overpriced. I have no idea what market they were aiming for. Even at the hugely discounted price, you're far better off buying the Sony camera its based on. Pretty soon, we'll see those on HSN. :-O

Update: I read Ming Thein's hands-on of this camera and he was complimentary on the ergonomics and certain aspects of the design and build quality. OK, we'll give them that, but I still don't know what customers they intended to lure into buying this at the original retail price. Just seemed kinda out there.
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. esnift

esnift Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 17, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Wait wait wait, guys, it's all about the details that make this thing worth it: metal lens caps and body caps, leather neck strap, wood display box, and for when you don't actually have the camera with you, they've included a little card you can carry that confirms you own this camera....

Oh, almost forgot CARBON FIBER LENS HOOD. :rofl: