hasselblad lenses

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by jct842, Mar 17, 2016.

1. jct842

jct842 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 27, 2016
    john
    I have 2 hassy lenses, an old 80cf and a 150 f2.8 f lens and am wondering about adapting to mft. I used the 80 on an adapter for an enlarging lens for years so I still have the adapter and it could be mounted to a mft mount. I know they would be a lot larger than other similar focal length lens and I do know they were just about as sharp as you could put on a fc2000 camera. I have a small lathe and micro mill so it would be fairly easy to make up a mount.

So the question is has any one done it or heard of some one using hassy lenes? Thanks John

2. Rudy

Rudy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 24, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    While they were certainly sharp for their time on a 6cm^2 piece of film they won't be very useful on mft.
    You would be using only a tiny portion in the center of the image circle. It's like trying to get an 8*10 print by printing at 24*30 and then cutting out an 8*10 piece in the center.
    I'm afraid even the cheapest mft lenses will actually give you better results.
    Rudy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.