Hasselblad CF to Panasonic GH1

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Principal1, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Principal1

Principal1 New to Mu-43

Jun 25, 2010
    Hi all,

My first post, but I thought I would go straight to the experts here.

I would like to adapt my Hasselblad CF 80mm to my GH1. Can anybody point me in the right direction to a correct and good adapter.

Many Thanks!

John

2. slau

slau Mu-43 Regular Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I am not aware of a Hasselblad to M4/3 adapter. But you can do it with a two-adapters method. In my case, I have a Hasselblad to Canon EOS adapter and a Canon EOS to M4/3 adapter. By combining the two adapters, I can mount my Haaselblad lenses to my M4/3 bodies. Well, I am not too sure if it is a good idea to use relatively heavy lenses on the tiny M4/3 bodies, as their lens mount may not be designed to take the stress.

3. Principal1

Principal1 New to Mu-43

Jun 25, 2010
    Great! I was thinking that might be the best alternative. Are you able to focus at infinity with the combination? Could you recommend a good brand of adapter to use by chance and maybe a good supplier?

Thanks!

John

4. slau

Jan 26, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    John, currently the two-adapter method seems to be the only option to use Hasselblad lenses. I cannot tell you if the combination can focus at infinity or not, as I haven't shot anything at infinity and actually I have never taken it out of my house, just playing around inside. My educated guess is that focusing at infinity should not be a problem as most of those adapters are designed to be able to focus a bit BEYOND infinity, so that they can take the tolerance out of the design equation.

The two adapters probably cost you around $150 USD. You can find them all over the places including eBay (from my favorite seller):
    AF confirm hasselblad adapter 4 EOS 450d 30d 5d 40d 50d - eBay (item 350130407870 end time Jul-16-10 21:12:19 PDT)

Canon EOS lens to Panasonic G1 GH1 micro 4/3 adapter - eBay (item 350201470018 end time Jul-06-10 22:55:49 PDT)

5. slau

Jan 26, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Two images showing how the combination looks with a Hasselblad 150 lens mounted on a GH1 body with two adapters:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]