1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hasselblad CF to Panasonic GH1

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Principal1, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Principal1

Principal1 New to Mu-43

Jun 25, 2010
    Hi all,

My first post, but I thought I would go straight to the experts here.

I would like to adapt my Hasselblad CF 80mm to my GH1. Can anybody point me in the right direction to a correct and good adapter.

Many Thanks!

John

2. slau

slau Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I am not aware of a Hasselblad to M4/3 adapter. But you can do it with a two-adapters method. In my case, I have a Hasselblad to Canon EOS adapter and a Canon EOS to M4/3 adapter. By combining the two adapters, I can mount my Haaselblad lenses to my M4/3 bodies. Well, I am not too sure if it is a good idea to use relatively heavy lenses on the tiny M4/3 bodies, as their lens mount may not be designed to take the stress.

3. Principal1

Principal1 New to Mu-43

Jun 25, 2010
    Great! I was thinking that might be the best alternative. Are you able to focus at infinity with the combination? Could you recommend a good brand of adapter to use by chance and maybe a good supplier?

Thanks!

John

4. slau

Jan 26, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    John, currently the two-adapter method seems to be the only option to use Hasselblad lenses. I cannot tell you if the combination can focus at infinity or not, as I haven't shot anything at infinity and actually I have never taken it out of my house, just playing around inside. My educated guess is that focusing at infinity should not be a problem as most of those adapters are designed to be able to focus a bit BEYOND infinity, so that they can take the tolerance out of the design equation.

The two adapters probably cost you around $150 USD. You can find them all over the places including eBay (from my favorite seller):
    AF confirm hasselblad adapter 4 EOS 450d 30d 5d 40d 50d - eBay (item 350130407870 end time Jul-16-10 21:12:19 PDT)

Canon EOS lens to Panasonic G1 GH1 micro 4/3 adapter - eBay (item 350201470018 end time Jul-06-10 22:55:49 PDT)

5. slau

Jan 26, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Two images showing how the combination looks with a Hasselblad 150 lens mounted on a GH1 body with two adapters:

original.

original.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.