1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Has your early E-M5 Amazon Pre-Order shipped?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by MrKal_El, Apr 20, 2012.

1. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    I Pre-Ordered my Black 12-50mm Kit ~ 11:45PM EST on Feb 7th and haven't seen a budge in my shipping status (Still says "Not Yet Shipped").

The thing is, I have read quite a few people already getting both the Silver & Black kits that ordered on the same day...

Could you guys give me an idea of whats up?

Also, when I pre-ordered, the only option for Shipping was Standard (I am a Prime member) & I never changed it for fear of loosing my place. For those that received their Kit already...could you let me know if you changed Shipping?

2. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    I think they accidentally sent your OMD to me.

Just kidding!

3. MrKal_El

Mar 24, 2011
    That hurt.

• Like Like x 1
  4. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    A little off-topic, but I pre-ordered silver body-only around that same time; not a peep yet.

5. Jazztrumpet5

Jazztrumpet5 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    Kansas City
    I've been lurking for awhile, but I really wanted to join in your poll. I'm a little afraid at what the results will be...

6. semirandom

semirandom New to Mu-43

Apr 20, 2012
    Mine was yet another lurker->subscriber conversion...

...prompted by the desire to vote in this poll. :rolleyes:

Personally, I'm terrified that the fact that the product description for the first few hours on Amazon read "Olympus E-F1" has doomed my pre-order to some kind of permanent limbo, but I don't dare cancel and re-order.

Totally irrational? Yes. Even remotely probable? No. Grasping at straws... I guess I'm just not accustomed to this sort of radio silence from Amazon.

7. MrKal_El

Mar 24, 2011
    That is interesting... Has it been corrected on your order?

Also, if you could remember...what time did Amazon open up the pre-order page? I'm in EST...

8. SadSummerSea

SadSummerSea Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 17, 2012
    Louisville, KY
    I cancelled my pre-order. I urge you all to hunt local.

9. semirandom

semirandom New to Mu-43

Apr 20, 2012
    No, the line item description in my open order (for a black 12-50 kit) still reads:

"Olympus E-F1 16 MP Live MOS Interchangeable Lens Camera with 3.0-Inch Tilting OLED Touchscreen and 12-50mm Lens (Black)"

(Though clicking on it links through to the current, correctly titled, product page, which displays the customary "You purchased this item on February 7, 2012".)

As to exact timing... I'm uncertain. I was mashing Amazon searches, and finding nothing, and it showed up in 43rumors' continuously updated announcement post sooner than I was able to locate it independently. Unfortunately, neither the posts nor comments on that site display any sort precise timestamps...

10. MrKal_El

Mar 24, 2011
    Pretty weird... yeah my email confirmation time stamp shows 11:45PM on the 7th... and I am almost sure I was following 43rumors when they posted the Amazon links were live...

11. kenez

kenez Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    I ordered mine on February 7th and received my email confirmation at 11:48 pm. My order status still is listed as "Not Yet Shipped" although they did ship the HLD-6 grip. I was considering canceling and trying to find one locally but I had also ordered the FL-300R flash from Amazon and the rebate rules state that it must be purchased from the same dealer as the camera to qualify for the rebate. I even called Olympus and asked if they would allow me to get the rebate if I purchased the camera from another authorized dealer but they said no. Instead, I would first have to return the flash to Amazon and start over.

12. kenez

kenez Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Oh, I forgot to mention. I did change my shipping status to next day (Prime) a couple of days ago when I realized they shipped my grip using standard shipping with an expected delivery of about a week later. Hopefully, that didn't make a difference with my place in line. My order still shows a February 7th order date. I also emailed Amazon to ask why mine had not shipped and others had shipped. At first they gave me a stock answer that the camera had not yet been released. When I pressed them and told them it had been released and some Amazon customers were receiving their cameras they said it was now "back ordered" without any particular estimated arrival date. They did waive my one day shipping charge.

13. Lordfshack

Lordfshack Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 18, 2012
    Apparently some people have started rumors saying that Amazon U.S shipped their OM-D... As of this afternoon Amazon assured me that no one has been sent an OM-D!!!! It's driving me NUTS!!! I preordered from Amazon to avoid any problems like this,but I chose poorly!!! It may not be their fault but the fact that just about every mom & pop camera store has received and delivered their cameras is driving me crazy, and the fact that Amazon can't even give ETA makes it that much worse!! Never again Amazon will I preorder a camera from you!!

14. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Olympus is shipping too -- mine went out yesterday -- as well as B&H according to some.

15. MrKal_El

Mar 24, 2011
  16. MrKal_El

Mar 24, 2011
    Just wondering if anyone has an update??

17. Gusnyc

Gusnyc Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    New York
    I haven't received mine from Amazon. Luckily, I got the one ordered for me at J&R on February 18th (as a birthday present). I cancelled the order in Amazon as soon as I got the shipping email confirmation.

18. jeffryscott

jeffryscott Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 2, 2010
    Arizona
    Have a tracking number for my black 14-42 kit, will be here Wednesday. Can't wait. Ordered it Monday night from Amazon.

19. fljoe

fljoe Mu-43 Regular

Dec 30, 2011
    FL
  20. MrKal_El

Mar 24, 2011
    So update: Actually received a shipping estimate email for my Black 12-50mm Kit ordered on the 7th: May 3rd - 7th.

I guess I'm happy?