Has this lens tempted anyone yet

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by EFMax, May 9, 2012.

1. EFMax

EFMax Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 26, 2012
  2. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011

There's been a few threads already on the Nokton 17.5mm - like the current one here.

As for your question - I dunno, is it? Value is a pretty personal thing. Lots of us paid the excess to get the Nokton 25mm instead of the Panasonic 20mm or the PanaLeica 25mm, so I guess the same will probably be true for the 17.5mm...
  3. EFMax

EFMax Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 26, 2012

I had not seen the thread so thanks for guiding me..
  4. CUB

CUB Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 19, 2012
    The Nokton 17.5mm f/0.95 is impressive but it is extremely expensive and optically quite flawed. The lack of AF is very disappointing. I only shoot still images, and I reckon this lens may be of more interest to those who shoot video.

I would really, really like a 17mm or 17.5mm f/2, f/1.7 or f/1.4 lens with AF at a more reasonable price than the f/0.95 Nokton. I briefly owned the Olympus 17mm f/2.8. I liked the focal length but the optical performance was just average and I wanted a wider maximum aperture for low light and to provide some control over depth of field. The answer was to buy the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 which I am very happy with.
  5. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    I think the voightlander lenses are important for the m43 system and I would enjoy using them but for me they are not practical. I need to be able to shoot fast so having to manual focus with any camera without some sort of peaking aide is not practical.

I'm holding out for a 25mm from Olympus or one from someone else that does not click.