1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Has this lens tempted anyone yet

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by EFMax, May 9, 2012.

1. EFMax

EFMax Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 26, 2012
  2. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011

There's been a few threads already on the Nokton 17.5mm - like the current one here.

As for your question - I dunno, is it? Value is a pretty personal thing. Lots of us paid the excess to get the Nokton 25mm instead of the Panasonic 20mm or the PanaLeica 25mm, so I guess the same will probably be true for the 17.5mm...

3. EFMax

EFMax Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 26, 2012
    THANKS FOR THAT..

I had not seen the thread so thanks for guiding me..

4. CUB

CUB Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 19, 2012
    The Nokton 17.5mm f/0.95 is impressive but it is extremely expensive and optically quite flawed. The lack of AF is very disappointing. I only shoot still images, and I reckon this lens may be of more interest to those who shoot video.

I would really, really like a 17mm or 17.5mm f/2, f/1.7 or f/1.4 lens with AF at a more reasonable price than the f/0.95 Nokton. I briefly owned the Olympus 17mm f/2.8. I liked the focal length but the optical performance was just average and I wanted a wider maximum aperture for low light and to provide some control over depth of field. The answer was to buy the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 which I am very happy with.

5. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    I think the voightlander lenses are important for the m43 system and I would enjoy using them but for me they are not practical. I need to be able to shoot fast so having to manual focus with any camera without some sort of peaking aide is not practical.

I'm holding out for a 25mm from Olympus or one from someone else that does not click.