1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

has anyone used this om-d grip?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by bigbluebear, Aug 10, 2013.

1. bigbluebear

bigbluebear Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2013
  2. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    Looks pretty much like the JB grip. The JB is cheaper, though.

3. tradesmith45

tradesmith45 Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 13, 2012
    Oregon
    I have the JB that's like this. IMHO, barley worth $50. It's crudely made & the finger grip is too short. Should have been sculpted to fit fingers. May take my hand grinder to it to sculpt. But the alternative by RRS is just to expensive for me.

4. ntblowz

ntblowz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 13, 2011
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I have that grip, it was one of the first 3rd party grip released on for OMD, the construction is excellent (made of aluminum)

DSC_00741.

5. yinho

yinho New to Mu-43

Aug 11, 2013
    Im using one, very nicely machine out of aluminium block, added classic look to the camera.

6. bigbluebear

bigbluebear Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2013
    Thanks everyone. It just looked like a nice alternative to the OM-D oem kit for people not interested in the vertical grip/extra battery

7. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    I've got a similar grip I got on Ebay- about the same price.

IMG_0263.

Except the one I have has a swappable grip, and comes with one made of wood- a little nicer on the hands than the aluminum standard one it also comes with.

8. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Daros
    ^ Very nice-looking that. First time I'm seeing that one.

9. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    Heh, I think I might be the only person outside of Taiwan with one. The ebay store is operated by the company that makes them- I went out on a limb and was their first customer. It really is very well made- if anything the black parts (aluminum) will wear with age pretty easily, but possibly in a nice way.

Since getting the 75mm+12-35 I've needed a little more balance to it, but didn't want to get the battery grip, so this was a nice alternative. I wish it were a hair taller though, like a half case I was using before- just to add height for my giant-man-hands.