1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Has anyone used the 4.8mm F1.8 Cosmicar TV Lens?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by colbycheese, Jun 2, 2015.

1. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    someone is selling one locally and at an excellent price. Would this lens adapt and be usable on micro four thirds? I have a feeling there will be vignetting but my bigger question is, will it focus to infinity? Let me know what you guys think

2. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    There are very few C-mount lenses under 25mm that are usable without significant vignetting. There are a couple of 12.5mm lenses that can almost cover M4/3 (end up being about 14mm).

A 4.8mm C-mount lens will likely end up being a tiny bright circle in a big black frame. Even without having ever heard of it, I wouldn't recommend it, personally...

EDIT: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3122429#forum-post-40233222

Seems like it's usable with a 2x crop, so you end up with a 10mm lens. Quality seems okay, but not special, especially closer to the edges.

That said, if it cost $50, might be worth it as a fun lens?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    Yes thats exactly what my logic was. However i just read up that the lens has no focus right which is a pain. I might just pick up a 12.5mm c mount instead. However the 12.5mm are more expensive so i might just pick up a 25mm instead. EDIT: Would a 25mm cosmicar be worth it? or is it just better to get one of the fujian ones? Is there a difference in image quality. Also does the 1.4 version need to be modified to infinity focus?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015