Has anyone tried Greentoe?

physicsdude

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Jan
I've got a counter offer for a em10 for 610dollar. I could substract another 25 as money back from greentoe.

Not bad..

gpburdell

Mu-43 Veteran
Seems to be a solid deal.

FYI $569 body only from ebay seller "thegamesarena" supposedly new. That seller gets a lot of mention on 43rumors.com but I've never tried them.

FYI, this is the kit I bought that I mentioned above: NEW Olympus OM-D E-M10 Silver Body + 14-42mm EZ Lens Kit + External Grip ECG-1
The only caveat is the power cord for the charger has the round pins on the wall end; seller included an adapter to US blade type but I already had several of the typical "figure 8" cords from other devices and just used one of those.

physicsdude

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Jan
Seems to be a solid deal.

FYI $569 body only from ebay seller "thegamesarena" supposedly new. That seller gets a lot of mention on 43rumors.com but I've never tried them.

FYI, this is the kit I bought that I mentioned above: NEW Olympus OM-D E-M10 Silver Body + 14-42mm EZ Lens Kit + External Grip ECG-1
The only caveat is the power cord for the charger has the round pins on the wall end; seller included an adapter to US blade type but I already had several of the typical "figure 8" cords from other devices and just used one of those.
I had a conversation with the dealer you mentioned. It's not an authorized dealer. So Olympus would not honor the warranty. The dealer suggested to register it as a gift, which worked for customers, he said.

ronk

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Ron
perhaps greentoe is still 'green'

Have an offer in for a lens, and a counter was made that I was told if I raised my offer to a specified amount, it would 'instantly' be accepted. Well, that didn't happen when I raised the offer. I asked about it and was told it isn't really 'instant', and that was several hours ago. Things you should know. You cannot cancel your offer, and they have your credit card information, so if it is accepted, the deal is done without final approval. However, you can 'modify' your offer before acceptance, which includes raising or reducing the amount, so you can in effect back out that way. I tried to do that tonight (changed my mind), since the offer wasn't accepted as promised, but lo and behold, I received a system 'application error' on the 'my offers' area for the last hour so I couldn't modify the offer. No indication of scheduled maintenance, just an issue with that one tab on the website. Some growing pains I think. so buyer be aware. I think the concept is interesting, and one of the few ways to get an unadvertised discount from an authorized dealer; if it all works as promised.

Jonathan F/2

Mu-43 Legend
Have an offer in for a lens, and a counter was made that I was told if I raised my offer to a specified amount, it would 'instantly' be accepted. Well, that didn't happen when I raised the offer. I asked about it and was told it isn't really 'instant', and that was several hours ago. Things you should know. You cannot cancel your offer, and they have your credit card information, so if it is accepted, the deal is done without final approval. However, you can 'edit' your offer before acceptance, which includes raising or reducing the amount, so you can in effect back out that way. I tried to do that tonight (changed my mind), since the offer wasn't accepted as promised, but lo and behold, I received a system 'application error' on the 'edit offer' area for the last hour or so. No indication of scheduled maintenance, just an issue with that one tab on the website. Some growing pains I think. so buyer be aware. I think the concept is interesting, and one of the few ways to get an unadvertised discount from an authorized dealer; if it all works as promised.

Shall post update tomorrow.
Had the same issue. Sucks you can't back out of the deal. I emailed the customer support and they said just leave it at the price and it will eventually expire. There's really no point having your bid go beyond the minimum 2 day bid time. You'll usually get a reply within the first hour or so. I do like the concept and for buying new items from authorized dealers, it's a great way to slip under the fixed suggested retail price!

ronk

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Ron
Actually you can effectively cancel the offer before acceptance by lowering the offer to some real low amount. The issue I had for a while is that the 'my offers' tab was not working. The site did finally let me get back in and edit my offer. Later I received a message directly from the site apologizing and noting they were looking into it.
Had the same issue. Sucks you can't back out of the deal. I emailed the customer support and they said just leave it at the price and it will eventually expire. There's really no point having your bid go beyond the minimum 2 day bid time. You'll usually get a reply within the first hour or so. I do like the concept and for buying new items from authorized dealers, it's a great way to slip under the fixed suggested retail price!

gpburdell

Mu-43 Veteran
Sorry to resurrect the thread, just a follow up on the Greentoe cash-back from a couple purchases I made in late July that included $25 Greentoe Cash Back. Terms of the cash back were that I'd receive the rebates in a few weeks (expected late September) with no further action required on my part.

I'm posting to confirm receipt of the expected cash back in the expected time frame and with no need for any further follow up.

I won't hesitate to use Greentoe for future purchases.

RakSiam

Mu-43 Regular
I'll resurrect this ancient thread just to mention that I just ordered an Oly 7-14mm PRO for $1129 via Greentoe. The retailer is a place called *********** that I had never heard of before. Supposed to have shipped this evening and should arrive in a couple of days. My initial bid was $1100. I figured since Oly frequently knocks $200 or so off expensive items fairly frequently that was a reasonable bid even though I've never seen it at any price other than $1299 at this point. So their $1129 counter-offer seemed reasonable. As long as it arrives on time and in new condition (as I expect it will) I'd be happy to do business with these guys again. The only issue I had was Amex blocking the transaction on the first try.

Jonathan F/2

Mu-43 Legend
I'll resurrect this ancient thread just to mention that I just ordered an Oly 7-14mm PRO for $1129 via Greentoe. The retailer is a place called *********** that I had never heard of before. Supposed to have shipped this evening and should arrive in a couple of days. My initial bid was $1100. I figured since Oly frequently knocks $200 or so off expensive items fairly frequently that was a reasonable bid even though I've never seen it at any price other than $1299 at this point. So their $1129 counter-offer seemed reasonable. As long as it arrives on time and in new condition (as I expect it will) I'd be happy to do business with these guys again. The only issue I had was Amex blocking the transaction on the first try.
Here's a list of the authorized Olympus dealers in the US. If they're on the list you should be okay.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf

plamski

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Plamen
I just have been approved for olympus m.zuiko 8mm/1.8 price of $799
The seller provided FedEx tracking number already.Hopefully the lens will be US model with warranty.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom