Has anyone sent a camera to Lumix Pro Services?

memzinla

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I know this is a m43 forum, but thought I would ask here. I bought a Panasonic S5 from Best Buy, and now the buttons feel sticky. The power switch also feels a little weird. I couldn't even turn it off the other day. The switch was on off, but the camera was still on. I had to take out the battery to turn it off. I emailed LPS, and they just told me to ship the camera to them and that was it. I thought it was weird. I'm thinking about sending the camera in after my Vegas trip.

Cynthia

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Cynthia
I know this is a m43 forum, but thought I would ask here. I bought a Panasonic S5 from Best Buy, and now the buttons feel sticky. The power switch also feels a little weird. I couldn't even turn it off the other day. The switch was on off, but the camera was still on. I had to take out the battery to turn it off. I emailed LPS, and they just told me to ship the camera to them and that was it. I thought it was weird. I'm thinking about sending the camera in after my Vegas trip.
It’s not unusual for a camera company to have you send the camera to their repair center. I would insure it, however, when you mail it to them to protect yourself. I have a G9 and have been thinking of joining LPS, but it’s too much of a hassle for me to give them all the serial #’s, when they (Panasonic) already have all the information when I registered my camera and lenses upon purchasing.

John M Flores

Super Moderator
It's been 5 years since I've had to send in a Lumix camera for service. The process wasn't as smooth as what you'd seen from Apple or Amazon with lots of email updates and pick-up arrangement but it got the job done.

This wasn't Pro Services, mind you. The user experience is kind of what you'd expect if you were seeking warranty service on a toaster oven.

Last edited:

memzinla

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I just thought it was weird that they didn't really give any info. Seemed sketchy to me, but I will send it with insurance. I hope it all works out.

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
It is common for a repairer to give as little detail as possible. "Send it to us and we'll take it from there" is perfectly normal.

They need to make a decision as to whether it can be fixed at all, and in the case of a warranty repair, they need to examine the camera to ensure there has been no misuse or accidental damage before making a written commitment to repair it.

Faced with a free repair vs a large bill, you would be amazed at just how economical with the truth some people are. The state that some equipment is returned in has to be seen to be believed.

If someone tells a repairer that several buttons have started sticking/acting weird all at the same time, the first thing to cross the repairer's mind would be something like 'Martini and Coke' or 'Pernod'.

memzinla

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I sent my camera in a week ago, and today LPS sent me an email saying the camera has been received. They expect to have it ready by Wednesday? They didn't say which Wednesday, so I'm assuming the 18.

memzinla

Mu-43 Top Veteran
LPS just sent me an email saying that the parts needed for my camera are not available, and they're sending me a brand new camera.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom