Has anyone pre-ordered Olympus EP5?

elandel

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi Guys ...
:smile:
This bloody credit cards are suicidal . I couldnt resist charms of this upcoming beauty and pre-ordered one .I am wondering If anyone else has been smitten by this sexy and curvacious PEN-Elope ??
Cheers
Bhupinder
:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Hi Bhupinder,

What about pre-ordering the Panasonic GX2 when it comes out?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

elandel

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi Guys ...
This bloody credit cards are suicidal . I couldnt resist charms of this upcoming beauty and pre-ordered one .I am wondering If anyone else has been smitten by this sexy and curvacious PEN-Elope ??
Cheers
Bhupinder

Don't worry I've beaten you: I just bought an EP3 waiting for the EP5.

Crazy.:cool:

ranxoren

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
OT
Just heard from a sales person over at Henry's (Canada) that they're not expecting the E-P5's for another month.
He pre-ordered one himself and has been checking everyday.

daum

Mu-43 Veteran
When i first preordered at b&h, it said available june 5th, and not it's pushed back till the end of june. :(

Stanacious

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Stan
Hi Guys ...
Cheers
Bhupinder

yeah, my credit card got hit with this one too. Looks like next week or the week after to me. I ordered my camera at Houston Camera Exchange and they have no idea, just that they have a batch of them on order.

asaulo1

Mu-43 Veteran
BH photo still has it on the 28th and Amazon has the kit dated the 21st and the body only, the 28th..... I was hoping to get it before I go to a cruise on the July 4th weekend..... might not be happening....

rich9cinti

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Rich
BH photo still has it on the 28th and Amazon has the kit dated the 21st and the body only, the 28th..... I was hoping to get it before I go to a cruise on the July 4th weekend..... might not be happening....

I feel your pain, I really did...

asaulo1

Mu-43 Veteran
i checked with one of the stores that I pre-ordered from about the EP5. I was told that the Olympus rep will be in their store tom. and he will ask for me if there's any type of shipping date for the camera. Hopefully, it's good news... or he'll probably say he doesn't know.... we will find out tomorrow.....

Brucey

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Bruce
Hi Guys ...
This bloody credit cards are suicidal . I couldnt resist charms of this upcoming beauty and pre-ordered one

Hi Bhupinder. I see you're also in Melbourne. Who did you order through, and how? Isn't a hassle buying things over $1000, with duties, customs and taxes? I'm waiting on the Australian prices to be revealed (this week, apparently) but may buy from the US.

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
I'm impressed with what the E-M5 does and I'm not eager to kick it to the curb until something better comes along, but the ergonomics of the E-M5 leave much to be desired, for me. So, if I find the ergos of the E-P5 to be superior, it may just wind up replacing my E-M5.

asaulo1

Mu-43 Veteran
I'm impressed with what the E-M5 does and I'm not eager to kick it to the curb until something better comes along, but the ergonomics of the E-M5 leave much to be desired, for me. So, if I find the ergos of the E-P5 to be superior, it may just wind up replacing my E-M5.
This is exactly my gripe with the OMD... I love everything about it except that it just doesn't feel quite right in my hand... I guess the heft of it makes it feel a bit unbalanced and I'm always scared that I'll drop it. I didn't really care to plunk down another couple of hundred for the optional grip either. I really like the EP5 and the way it looks. I've used an EP3 before and if it's a much more refined version of it, I think I'll be very happy with it. I'm stuck in limbo since I've been trying to see if I can get it from the 4 places I have it on pre-order since I'm bound for a cruise on the 4th of July. I really want to see how it performs against the x100s. I know sensor size is king but I also would like to see how it is as a travel camera. Anyway, here's hoping it comes soon.

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
This is exactly my gripe with the OMD... I love everything about it except that it just doesn't feel quite right in my hand... I guess the heft of it makes it feel a bit unbalanced and I'm always scared that I'll drop it. I didn't really care to plunk down another couple of hundred for the optional grip either. I really like the EP5 and the way it looks. I've used an EP3 before and if it's a much more refined version of it, I think I'll be very happy with it. I'm stuck in limbo since I've been trying to see if I can get it from the 4 places I have it on pre-order since I'm bound for a cruise on the 4th of July. I really want to see how it performs against the x100s. I know sensor size is king but I also would like to see how it is as a travel camera. Anyway, here's hoping it comes soon.

Hope you receive yours in time.

BTW, there are a lot of us shooting the Fuji X-cameras now, aren't there. X-E1 and 5 lenses just arrived for me yesterday. All those boxes was like Christmas. Amazing how generous Fuji is with their lenses, accessories, packaging, etc. Best I've seen.

asaulo1

Mu-43 Veteran
Hope you receive yours in time.

BTW, there are a lot of us shooting the Fuji X-cameras now, aren't there. X-E1 and 5 lenses just arrived for me yesterday. All those boxes was like Christmas. Amazing how generous Fuji is with their lenses, accessories, packaging, etc. Best I've seen.

Wow... All 5 x lenses? Damn, that is Xmas. I currently have the 18-55 zoom and the 35mm prime. I've been very happy with it except that when I got the x100s, I haven't been playing with the xpro1 as often. I've used it a few times recently only because I just acquired the 18-55 but so far, it's been the x100s for most of everything. Enjoy the new toys....

asaulo1

Mu-43 Veteran
Well, here's a bummer. Just heard from my salesman after conferring with the Olympus rep that they had visiting. It looks like it might be the 1st week of July for the EP5 to start shipping since they had a bit of an issue with the WiFi certification with the FCC. This basically pushed back all US shipments until that was cleared up. It might not be the same for other countries since I know that getting something past the FCC can be a tiresome process here in the US... just ask all the cell phone manufacturers. oh well.... I guess I'll have to do an all Fuji cruise....

rich9cinti

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Rich
Well, here's a bummer. Just heard from my salesman after conferring with the Olympus rep that they had visiting. It looks like it might be the 1st week of July for the EP5 to start shipping since they had a bit of an issue with the WiFi certification with the FCC. This basically pushed back all US shipments until that was cleared up. It might not be the same for other countries since I know that getting something past the FCC can be a tiresome process here in the US... just ask all the cell phone manufacturers. oh well.... I guess I'll have to do an all Fuji cruise....

Well that confirmed my assumptions that it will be into July. It's true that the OM-D does feel much different than the EP3 I have, too, but I'm really digging it in it's abilities. The more I handle it, I am getting accustomed to it.

utahlasvegas

Mu-43 Regular
Well crap, this news has ruined my day :-(. I've put everything on hold while waiting for this camera and have the 12mm and 45mm sitting on the shelf and taunting me. Amazon still says June 21. I wonder when they'll change it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom