Has anyone pre-ordered Olympus EP5?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Bhupinder2002, May 20, 2013.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Guys ...
    :smile:
    This bloody credit cards are suicidal . I couldnt resist charms of this upcoming beauty and pre-ordered one .I am wondering If anyone else has been smitten by this sexy and curvacious PEN-Elope ??
    Cheers
    Bhupinder
    :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

2. coastlineamps

coastlineamps Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 25, 2013
    I will wait until they show up on E-bay...Too expensive for me right now.

3. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

No, I'm still enjoying what the E-M5 does for me. :wink: Maybe at the end of next year I might be able to justify (somehow) getting a new & greatly improved OM-D. :rolleyes:

4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I'll pass on the EP5. Still with my EM5 and see what the EM6 looks like.

5. ranxoren

ranxoren Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    Toronto, ON
    OT
    My friend is wondering whether to pickup an E-M5 today or pre-order the E-P5 but a big part of the decision is being gear-less until it comes out.

OP did you get any kind of release date?

6. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    I have the EM5 and love it. BUT - I always preferred the size/style of the Pens I had before it. I "upgraded" from the EP3 to the EM5, not so much for the built in EVF (which I use mainly when manually focusing) but for the improved sensor/processor and IBIS. That said - I preferred the idea of just having the EVF on the camera when I needed/wanted it.
    So - already pre-ordered the Black/Silver body with the new VF-4. Can't wait.

7. broncophil

broncophil Mu-43 Veteran

May 23, 2010
    i just bought the 75 so no more money.. that being said..

if i did get it, i would would...

sell the VF for approx $200.00 and the Black 17 for Approx $450.00

and get the body for $800.00... just sayin.. not that i gave it any thought or anything..

8. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Bhupinder2002, from the responses to the thread, please change thread title to "Reasons you are not pre-ordering the EP5."

9. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hahha I agree :drinks::drinks:

10. jamespetts

jamespetts Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2011
    London, England
    Did you get it body only, or in a kit?

11. rich9cinti

rich9cinti Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 23, 2013
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Rich
    I pre-ordered the kit when announced on May 10th.

12. daum

daum Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    I love my EM-5 but the wifi and 5 axis in a pen body, EVF optional is exactly what I want. Silver super kit ordered.

13. greenlight

greenlight Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2012
    UK
    Colin B
    I hope to own it one day, but can't afford to pre-order...

I'm not fussed about an EVF (smaller size is more important to me) and I prefer to have plenty of physical controls - the E-P5 seems like it was designed just for me!

14. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say there probably isn't going to be a 4 month running thread on what dealers to call to get these due to limited stock! The e-m5 was the coming of age for m4/3.

15. kschles

kschles Mu-43 Regular

Jul 3, 2010
    Laurel, MD; USA
    Ken
    I just haven't warmed up to the EM-5 after trying for quite a while. I always loved the EP-3, except for the sensor limitations. I sent B&H a list of equipment to sell, which includes my EM-5; with the plan to use the resulting store credit toward purchasing an EP-5 kit.

16. brutto

brutto Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 17, 2011
    I pre-ordered at Amazon (via the site link). I then had a brain fade and ordered a Fuji X-E1 with the kit zoom. It arrived today and went straight back in the box and back to Fuji. The lens was lovely build but very heavy and rather unbalanced on the body. The camera itself felt a bit tacky by comparison. I was surprised to find some of the things I expected to like, I didn't. For example, aperture control on the lens seems like a good idea but I'm too used to adjusting it with my thumb now. Similarly, the shutter speed dial on the top plate is a lot more cumbersome than thumb control. The package as a whole seemed about twice the size of my E-P3 (although I'm sure it isn't) which somewhat takes the edge off the desirability for me.

Good thing I didn't cancel my pre-order for the E-P3+17+VF4.

17. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

You might be disappointed with the above when you're probably expecting an E-P5+17+VF4 instead. :wink:

18. brutto

brutto Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 17, 2011
    Ha ha! Just as well Amazon isn't as stupid as me.

19. rstrader

rstrader Mu-43 Regular

Apr 12, 2012
    Colorado Springs
    I pre-ordered a silver body from B&H a couple of days ago. I like not having an EVF for shooting with studio strobes and plenty of controls for ease of use.

20. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    I still enjoy using my E-M5 very much, so I don't have a need for the E-P5. My next purchase, hopefully, will be the next OM-D that could maximize the performance of my 4/3 lenses.