1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Has anyone on here travelled with the Lowepro Photo Hatchback 16l AW?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by wrxspdwgn, Jan 16, 2013.

1. wrxspdwgn

wrxspdwgn Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2012
    Wisconsin
    I was wondering if this bag would fit under a seat in an aircraft. I'm looking for a bag to carry a Panasonic GX1 with the 14-42 lens, a 45-200 lens, an ipad and a few extras. Room for an additional lens and flash would nice. The Hatchback looks like it might do the job.

2. matz03

matz03 Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 10, 2011
    Boulder, CO
    While I don't own this bag i tried it out in Best Buy, was surpised to see it there but it's tiny. Looks like a great little bag for body and 2-3 lenses tops and should definitely fit under a seat.

3. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Interesting bag... I don't own any photo backpacks right now because I have way too many packs already from my camping/hiking gear, but I do like the design of this one. I too would be interested in any feedback from folks who have used on for air travel since I only do carry-on luggage and anything I use has to fit under the seat.

4. Hudsonhites

Hudsonhites Mu-43 Regular

Jul 14, 2011
    NYC
    Here's a link to a short video on the Hatchback

Lowepro | Photo Hatchback AW series

Access to the camera compartment on this bag is pretty restrictive so getting to your gear is not a strong point.

Though I generally like Lowepro bags owning three of them this seems more of a lifestyle bag than a photographer's bag

5. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    If you can stomach a sling bag, I can save you $50:

Amazon.com: Case Logic DCB-308 SLR Camera Sling (Black): CASE LOGIC: Electronics

Room enough for my nikon d600, tokina 16-28mm f2.8, rokinon 35mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, a flash up top and my toshiba thrive fits easily into the front pocket, with a few extra spaces to spare after all of those things as well. All that and it is surprisingly well built (and I have/had my fair share of bags!).

Edit: that bag you linked does look quite nice!