Has anyone on here travelled with the Lowepro Photo Hatchback 16l AW?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by wrxspdwgn, Jan 16, 2013.

1. wrxspdwgn

wrxspdwgn Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2012
    I was wondering if this bag would fit under a seat in an aircraft. I'm looking for a bag to carry a Panasonic GX1 with the 14-42 lens, a 45-200 lens, an ipad and a few extras. Room for an additional lens and flash would nice. The Hatchback looks like it might do the job.
  2. matz03

matz03 Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 10, 2011
    Boulder, CO
    While I don't own this bag i tried it out in Best Buy, was surpised to see it there but it's tiny. Looks like a great little bag for body and 2-3 lenses tops and should definitely fit under a seat.
  3. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Interesting bag... I don't own any photo backpacks right now because I have way too many packs already from my camping/hiking gear, but I do like the design of this one. I too would be interested in any feedback from folks who have used on for air travel since I only do carry-on luggage and anything I use has to fit under the seat.
  4. Hudsonhites

Hudsonhites Mu-43 Regular

Jul 14, 2011
    Here's a link to a short video on the Hatchback

Lowepro | Photo Hatchback AW series

Access to the camera compartment on this bag is pretty restrictive so getting to your gear is not a strong point.

Though I generally like Lowepro bags owning three of them this seems more of a lifestyle bag than a photographer's bag
  5. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    If you can stomach a sling bag, I can save you $50:

Amazon.com: Case Logic DCB-308 SLR Camera Sling (Black): CASE LOGIC: Electronics

Room enough for my nikon d600, tokina 16-28mm f2.8, rokinon 35mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, a flash up top and my toshiba thrive fits easily into the front pocket, with a few extra spaces to spare after all of those things as well. All that and it is surprisingly well built (and I have/had my fair share of bags!).

Edit: that bag you linked does look quite nice!