Has Anyone Had a GF1 Stolen In Glasgow Area?

DarrenG

Mu-43 Regular
Looking through eBay earlier (want a GF1 body for my daughter) I happened across this sale.

Call me suspicious but it smells very very fishy to me. Why would you have the box containing everything including mains charger stolen from your vehicle?

Zero feedback user who registered only a few days ago as well.

m1pui

Mu-43 Veteran
Does sound a bit odd, although you could sort of imagine the situation if She'd not long had it, took it out of the box in the car to go somewhere and foolishly left the box with bits in on display. But hopefully, assuming the worst and it is someone on here, there'll be a happy reunion.

On another note, other than stores/powesellers, I've got a thing where I tend to dismiss private sale/auctions that use just a library photo. Smacks of laziness in trying to sell it so I automatically assume they'll have been lazy in their caring for it.

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
it'd be neat trick to take a photo of a camera with itself ... mirrors, of course, excluded

DarrenG

Mu-43 Regular
I asked the seller if they had the receipt and if it was a UK spec model, they replied:
sorry i dont have the receipt and i couldnt tell you if its a uk model sorry i couldnt be more help
That is a stolen camera, no doubt. Just wish there was more I could do.

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
You can report your suspicions to eBay through customer support.

DarrenG

Mu-43 Regular
The serial # of the camera is in the metadata.
Panny should be able to tell whom the camera is registered to.
Assuming it has been registered <rushes off to register mine!>

I just wish we could alert the victim before the auction ends - it's not the kind of camera that non-enthuisasts buy often.

leeh

Mu-43 Rookie
Just got this back from the Seller

all the serial numbers are intact on the camera hopfully this will calm your suspicious mind the reason i dont have a receipt is because it was purchsed second hand for me remember im selling this from my home and who would ?

Spuff

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Aside from anything else I wouldn't buy anything costing more than about £30 from someone with 0 feedback, even if it all looked unsuspicious.

novacustard

New to Mu-43
Just got this back from the Seller

all the serial numbers are intact on the camera hopfully this will calm your suspicious mind the reason i dont have a receipt is because it was purchsed second hand for me remember im selling this from my home and who would ?
No, I'm thinking this is as dodgy as a dodgy thing can be. Interestingly, there are a few Lisa Tannahills in the Glasgow area - should I ring round and find which one has the camera for sale on ebay? :wink:

DarrenG

Mu-43 Regular
That camera sold for £300. That's mental. You buy an allegedly third hand camera of unknown heritage, without any accessories, that is almost certainly stolen for £300??

A brand new one, with warranty, all the accessories etc is only £420.

Fools and their money.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom