Has anyone got experience using a 'pop' of flash from the popup flash on the E-M10

photographworks

Mu-43 Regular
I am thinking of buying an Olympus E-M10 to use for portraits with my Olympus 45mm f1.8 lens. I normally shoot in Aperture Priority.

Does anyone have experience of the results using the popup flash in a daylight setting to get a tiny 'pop' of flash for the illusive 'barely noticeable and wouldn't have guessed you used flash because it looks so natural' look ?

If so, what settings are best to use?

AlanGinman

New to Mu-43
Hi

I have experience with a similar setup, the EM5 with the very small add on flash that comes with the camera. I find it works very well. I set the flash exposure compensation at anything between 0 and -2 stops, depending on the conditions. You just have to take a few shots and see what gives you the effect that you like. I shoot in P mode with a variety of lenses.

Hope this helps

Alan

Dusky

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Mark
You will have to play with the flash power to get the exposure you want. The biggest issue that I have in using flash in day time is you will be limited by the sync speed of 1/250s and you will need to stop down your aperture to avoid over exposure. I'll post couple of pixs tonight using the 45mm/25mm and built in flash.

Latest threads

Top Bottom