1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Has anyone ever used one of the 8mm c mount fisheye you can buy on ebay?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by colbycheese, May 31, 2015.

1. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Why would you? If you want to go cheap, we have the 9mm body cap lens at $90 which is very decent, and if you want a nicer one we have the Samyang 7.5mm or native mount AF ones from both Panasonic and Olympus.

3. colbycheese

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    well i was still planning to go with the samyang but i was just wondering about this one.

4. PhotoDmiK

PhotoDmiK Mu-43 Regular

May 26, 2015
    Look at this thread https://www.mu-43.com/threads/76830/ and use link to see album. You have option to open full size jpegs.

My opinion - this CCTV fisheye can outperform only 9mm lens cap.

• Like Like x 2
  5. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hmm, better than I expected! Sorry for dismissing it so quickly. Very compact size and nice full coverage.

I'm not sure it outperforms the 9mm cap optically, though. It's wider and faster, but the edges are pretty bad with lots of purple fringe. Might be a good alternative to the BCL, though, given it has a real focus ring and aperture control.

6. PhotoDmiK

PhotoDmiK Mu-43 Regular

May 26, 2015
    It does have real aperture control and very sick focus control. It looks like helicoid, but under ring it used same lever like body caps have.

It looks much better cropped to16:9 video. Aperture control is smooth click less. Its video lens.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  7. PhotoDmiK

PhotoDmiK Mu-43 Regular

May 26, 2015
    One more note: due compact size and wide angle view it very hard to use on E-M1 or other cameras with large grip. You'll have your fingers on most photos :biggrin:

8. colbycheese

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    so if you had the choice between buying this and the 9mm lens cap, which one would you get. Quality wise, which one takes better photos in your opinion?

9. PhotoDmiK

PhotoDmiK Mu-43 Regular

May 26, 2015
    I have no 9mm lens cap to compare myself.
    If you need compact size - go for lens cap
    If you need IQ - go for other lens
    If you want cheapest lens with aperture control - go for this CCTV

9mm lens cap looks overpriced for me compared to 15mm lens cap.