Has anyone bought the Panasonic 30/2.8?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by svenkarma, Feb 28, 2016.

1. svenkarma

svenkarma Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 5, 2013
    mark evans
    I like macro, and I would get more general use out of a 30 than the P45 or O60, but there's no thread in the native lens showcase?

2. JonVdG

JonVdG Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2016
    Colorado, USA
    Jon
    I've had it for about a month and it's incredible. Edge to edge sharpness at f/2.8 that rivals some Leica lenses. In fact, there's almost no reason to stop down. I use it as a general purpose lens and I've barely messed around with its macro capabilities. Focusing is very fast, focus ring is perfectly dampened, and the overall handling is great. I would only go longer (to 45mm or 60mm) if you find yourself shooting subjects a bit farther away than "normal" focal lengths can handle. "General use," as you mentioned, varies considerably from photographer to photographer but normal focal lengths are usually a great place to start for everyday, walk-around lenses. If you mount it to the GX8 or Pen F, you'll give yourself some decent latitude for cropping should you find that 30mm isn't enough. Hope that helps a little.

• Useful Useful x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.