Has anyone any experience of Fotga stuff?

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
I've got at least one Fotga-branded adapter as well as a set of extension tubes (the ones without the electronic contacts).

Although the adapter has performed fine, the lens release on the extension tubes broke off after very little use. It's possible this was just bad luck, but its made Fotga a brand that I would personally avoid. I'm not sure their quality is any worse (or better) than any of the other cheap stuff out of Asia, but I'm taking a "once bitten, twice shy" approach with this particular brand.

oto02

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Flo
Recently I bought a couple of AR Konica lenses and I ordered this Fotga adaptor that you have mentioned.
Once it will arive, I'm going to give it a good spin and definitely I'll let you know how it'd work.
Seems to me like a okay quality.

manypix

Mu-43 Regular
Hi!

I have the Fotga adapter for Konica AR to m43 and have used it frequently for several months. It works fine, and infinity focus is accurate. No slop at all, which is nice. Slightly better build and tolerance quality than the other two KAR-m43 adapters I own.

Two little niggles:

1. The red dots that indicate mounting position are a dull red, and small. This makes mounting lenses on the adapter, and mounting the adapter to the camera, quite challenging in darkened places like concert halls.

2. The button you push to release the lens is quite small, so it can be uncomfortable to press unless you wiggle the lens a bit as you release it to unbind the release mechanism.

Cheers!

Recently I bought a couple of AR Konica lenses and I ordered this Fotga adaptor that you have mentioned.
Once it will arive, I'm going to give it a good spin and definitely I'll let you know how it'd work.
Seems to me like a okay quality.

Latest threads

Top Bottom