harlo everybody

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by jim_khoo, Apr 9, 2010.

1. jim_khoo

jim_khoo Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 9, 2010
    Kuala Lumpur
    not a :43: owner yet; can't decide on the brand and model... :tongue:
    but am glad that i found this forum.

2. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Jim ! This is the best place to be. Thanks for joining.

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jim and welcome aboard! Best wishes on the big decision and don't hold back on any questions! :biggrin:

5. jim_khoo

jim_khoo Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 9, 2010
    Kuala Lumpur
    thank you all for the welcome...:smile:

6. jim_khoo

jim_khoo Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 9, 2010
    Kuala Lumpur
    what makes you switch to the E-PL1 from E-P2?

7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Jim, I posted in this thread How Do You Like Your E-PL1? my basic reasons and I stand by them still, which is a good thing for me.:wink: Give it a read through, if you haven't already.

If I had started off with a Panasonic camera, I'd probably have been very happy, too. I went for Olympus because my experience with film was with an OM-1, and I've always had a fondness for Olympus cameras. However, I'm certainly far from a digital camera aficionado, that's for sure. If I weren't used to the E-P2, and didn't already have the EVF (electronic view finder)...I might have waited to see what these new Panasonic cameras were going to be like...but that's not how it worked out for me. Things just had a way of falling into place.

I am not, a professional photographer. I have a BFA in Photography from Ohio University from 1978 and specialized in color printing. Think art student with camera.:biggrin: I've never made a living using my camera, though I have been paid for my work in the past - long past.:wink: I'm in it for fun, enjoyment, for a creative outlet, for taking more photos of my family, friends, life, etc. That' it.

And any questions you have - either add them to an existing camera thread or start a new one in the appropriate camera forum or use the This and That forum, if you want to discuss the plusses and minuses of both together. By adding them in one of those venues, you'll get many more eyes seeing them and answering.

Jim, if you can, the best thing is to go somewhere to handle and look at the cameras in question, after you've read about them.

Hope this rambling is of some help.:smile:

8. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Jim - a lot of us are confused at first (I have an Oly camera and four Panny lenses) but there is a lot of help and good information here.

9. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Jim, welcome and good luck with your choice... this is a great place to come for all m4/3rds users! :friends:

Cheers

Brian

10. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    welcome,

i own the ep1 and gf1 and love having both , micro fourthirds is the future and your instincts are sound i like the cameras that have the smallest form factor personally
    they seem to take advantage better of the fact that these cameras need not look like small slrs ,but thats just me

whatever you choose , i am sure you will love the benefits this wonderful new format offers

11. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome!