hard drive cleanup

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by judystowell, Feb 14, 2015.

1. judystowell

judystowell Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2013
    I'm trying to clean up my "C" drive. I have both LR 4 & 5 on it, and in addition, I do have a CC subscription. Can I safely get rid of LR4? (I think I'd like to keep 5, just in case I'm in a situation where the internet might not be available). And a related additional question, I have the OnOne suite, both 8 & 9 - same question - can I get rid of 8? If I do uninstall either or both of these, what pitfalls might I run into?

Thanks!!

2. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    Copy the entire file folder of any LR that you're concerned might be required for other versions and save it to your backup drive. If LR gives you issues, copy the folder back to your C drive. You could always email LR tech support for advice too.

3. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    While I have not removed any older versions, folks at lightroomforums.net always say that older versions can be safely removed. And, I believe that Adobe usually keeps older versions available for download, so all you should need is the S/N for that version.

Good luck,

--Ken

P.S. If you are wanting more assistance, the forum I mentioned above is an excellent resource. The folks are very friendly and helpful, especially with new members.