Happy to join

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by AllenEllis, May 27, 2012.

1. AllenEllis

AllenEllis New to Mu-43

May 27, 2012
    I've been doing videography and photography in some capacity since I was about 12. Ten years later and I enjoy freelance & full-time video production work (chose the Panasonic GH2 to complement my HMC150), and having to learn all about lenses now has made me appreciate great photography even more!

I've been lurking for a little while and really appreciating the lens image galleries. It was so confusing trying to choose lenses - especially when so many share the same focal length. Looking at reels of photos gave me a great sense for what to expect, and I haven't been disappointed so far. In fact I've been blown away!

I've started a Flickr account to keep track of my new images, looking forward to sharing more!

AllenEllis' photosets on Flickr
  2. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing your photos.
  3. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Welcome and get ready for a fun filled, informative and challenging experience!

No matter how long and how much experience, there is always something new to learn here and we look forwards to seeing your images appear for all to enjoy.
  4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome, great to have you with us!
  5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome, Allen. Glad you've de-lurked and joined in the fun!
  6. dagaleaa

dagaleaa Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Naples, Fl
    Share some of your video work too...some of us here are into video with the GH2.
  7. AllenEllis

AllenEllis New to Mu-43

May 27, 2012
    You bet! I've added a link to my Vimeo portfolio in my signature.

Here is my first "test shoot" with the GH2. We've got a lot of issues to solve, mainly stability at this point (I think I need a better monopod built for video use) but I enjoyed the proof of concept. Interviewing strangers about their spiritual beliefs, we got some great answers :)

[ame=http://vimeo.com/36644335]Ask A Stranger: God & The Afterlife on Vimeo[/ame]

Here is a documentary I made with my HMC-150 about a great camp for Unschoolers. I wish I could do it again and bring the GH2!

[ame=http://vimeo.com/9368376]Not Back to School Camp: A Glance Within on Vimeo[/ame]

At my day job I do a lot of motion graphics and some video production but it's mostly green-screen interviews. I've always wanted more of a chance to get out into the "real world" with a camera... my friend and I are brainstorming ideas for mini-documentaries to shoot which I think would be a lot of fun. We have to fit it into our weekends. I really enjoy being able to capture and share people's stories, and the GH2 is great because it's less obtrusive and the results look great when you film portraits.