1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Happy to be here

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Kismet, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Kismet

Kismet New to Mu-43

As with many, I've been lurking for a month or two and have learned so much from everyone! And let me be the next in a long line who have remarked on how pleasant the people on this site are...

I live on the Big Island of Hawai'i at present, and am newly shooting away with an EP-3. I mostly use the Voigtlander 25mm and the Olympus 14-150, though I have some other legacy lenses I haul out and play with sometimes. I am something of a collector (though I use everything I collect), so I have a great many other cameras as well. Prior to my 4/3 conversion, I was primarily using a Leica LX3, a Hasselblad SWC, and my iphone!

I'm looking forward to being a more active participant- and thanks to all for this wonderful resource!

Lisa

• Like Like x 3
  2. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Welcome to the forum Lisa.

Looking forward to seeing some ep3 + CV25 stuff .....crazy combo :)

3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Welcome ..Lets hope u enjoy this place
    Cheers

4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Welcome!

5. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Welcome and enjoy this fine forum!

6. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Welcome aboard, Lisa. Great to have a representative from the Great State of Hawaii with us. It's also nice to have another female member of mu-43.com. Granted, one can't always know the gender of all members but I suspect women are in the minority. Jump right in, Lisa, and tell us what you think!

7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello Lisa and welcome to the forum.

8. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  9. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Welcome to m43. I go to Hawaii every year but have yet to visit the Big Island.

10. Kismet

Kismet New to Mu-43

Thanks, all!

So I'll comment on everyone's comments in random order...

to questions about posting images: yes, I will- but I am so new to this camera system, it may take me a couple weeks! But I will say, the CV 25mm for m4/3 is maybe my favorite lens EVER. It might be overpriced and weird to pair with an EP3, but as soon as I put it on mine, it felt like home. Nice and heavy (the EP3 was almost too light for me, with my love affair with medium format) and just a beautifully constructed lens. I like to go out and play with it. "...Hmm...what would happen at f.95 and THIS scenario? Hmm...what happens when I stop it down?..." Etc. It was a ridiculous sum for me to pay for a lens (not being independently wealthy) but I had a feeling it was the right lens for me and the way I like to shoot for myself (not for pay) and I was right. But I have to say I also love the 14-150. I don't expect people to be particularly interested in my images with that lens...but, ya know what? it's pretty great. Versitile and fun and all-in-one. Ha! I'm a poet and don't know it.

And the Big Island is a great place, for those who have yet to visit. Less touristy than the main attractions (Mau'i and O'ahu/Honolulu) but every bit as beautiful and the people are some of the best in the world. Anyone planning a trip is welcome to ask me for advice. I love it here and am happy to be an unofficial tour guide!

thanks for all the welcoming comments!

11. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome here Lisa. I'm from Holland. Plse take a seat aboard.

12. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Welcome from Rome! This is a great forum, Lisa. People are generally very friendly and helpful. It has made all the difference to me getting into mu43.

I envy you your CV25/0.95 and hope you will show us pics soon. Lots of people say that, for what it is, and compared for instance to similar Leitz lenses, it is a real "bargain," but unfortunately I have not been able to afford one yet.

BTW, since you have no fear of manual focus lenses, obviously, you might get some adapters and legacy lenses to try as well, no?

have fun

ciao, Asher