1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Happy the Chihuahua .

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by rav, Nov 23, 2015.

1. rav

rav Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 28, 2015
    My friend had a pug , extremely loving and was a fun ball , however a month back she died because of sudden heart failure .
    My friends wife fell into massive deppresion and was not ready to accept that their beloved pug is no more .
    It was destiny or coincidence a freind visited them with a 3 months old Chihuahua who was looking for getting adopted by a animal loving family .
    My friend and his wife were overjoyed and happily accepted with open arms ,
    They named the Chihuahua " HAPPY".
    They invited me and my wife to get introduced to their new family member .
    To be honest before meeting this tiny soul I was not a very big fan of Chihuahuas as a breed and thought they are cranky dogs .
    But I was so wrong , Chihuahuas are simply adorable loving and sweet little dogs , I and my wife kept playing with him till we were there .
    I clicked some pics of him with my OMD em10 and Olympus 25mm . OI000004-03. OI000003-04. OI000001-04. OI000984-03. OI000990-04. OI000956-01. OI000961-01. OI000968-02.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Langkata

Langkata Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 8, 2015
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Joshua
    Yep, a very lovable breed. They get a bad rap because of how they can sometimes take a while to warm up to people outside of the "family". I've been around them for 25 years and find they have some kind of unique emotional or companionship intelligence (if that makes sense).

Great pics!

• Like Like x 1
  3. rav

rav Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 28, 2015
    Wow 25 years ? Are they easy to train lile a poodle or golden retriever ?

4. Langkata

Langkata Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 8, 2015
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Joshua
    Probably not even close, but you've named two of the best I think. However, should be no trouble to do the common type tricks for treats (shake, roll over, standing spin, etc.). Of biggest importance to me would be that they are well socialized so there is less chance of developing the aversion to strangers.

It's funny, my family bought our first chihuahua because it was said they help with asthma (for my brother). I don't think that's true but they definitely seem to have asthma often.

• Like Like x 1