Happy Thanksgiving!

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Here's wishing all my fellow Americans, here and there, a very happy Thanksgiving! May your trips be safe, your time with family and friends fun and your food be delicious! Hmm, maybe a food thread will be in order?

We're staying put and will be enjoying ourselves in the smallest gathering yet. I'm looking forward to relaxing with my husband and our daughter, eating my husband's fantastic pumpkin pie and taking my dog for a nice long walk if the rain holds off!

scott

Mu-43 Veteran
Happy Cranberry Day :smile:

5207277810_94400597c7_z.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

G1 & 20mm, of course...

Ray Sachs

Super Moderator
Back at you all...

Small crowd this year - just my wife and younger daughter and I. First time in MANY years we haven't been with extended family. Kind of a drag and kind of a nice mellow break. Even time to check various forums a couple of times!

As the local pretzel shop says:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/5198221274/" title="Gobble by ramboorider1, on Flickr"> View attachment 153283 "1024" height="690" alt="Gobble" /></a>

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
Great pretzels!

My mother passed away this summer so it is just my father with my family. We were not feeling up to a lot of work (actually I wasn't as I do most of the Thanksgiving cooking every year) so we went out to the local Cracker Barrel restaurant. $45 for 5 people with LOTS of leftovers. Turkey, ham (sugar and salt cured), stuffing, green beans, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, cranberries, sweet corn, fried okra, biscuits and corn muffins, and more. Finished off with pumpkin/streussel pie.

We are all back home dozing in the family room with the dogs.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
We had a small Thanksgiving family gathering as well. Just myself, wife, kids, and my parents. My mom still cooked enough for 20 people though :rolleyes:.

One of the many colorful items from our table:

5209185808_b4902b8b96_o.jpg

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
Bernard Matthews - (a famous UK turkey farmer - known as the "Turkey Man") - has just died at the age of 80 years on Thanksgiving Day - strange but true

I suppose he has "gone to the Turkey's!!!!

Stephen Geis

Mu-43 Top Veteran
A little late, but Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I'm thankful this year to have found this forum ...

And here's a shot from our table this year, before the food was consumed

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a href="http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/AXg2l-VbJhz0gv2V__5ZSQ?feat=embedwebsite">
Thanksgiving

Ray Sachs

Super Moderator
We don't have thanksgiving in Australia for some reason. I don't know why we dont but it looks like a fun time.
That picture of the food Amin, looks really good. Forgive me of my ignorance, but what is it?

Its one of those oddly national holidays. It might also be celebrated in Canada, I'm not sure, because it came about more because of the interactions between the original white settlers to North America and the Native Americans than anything unique to the US. And then its timed post-harvest to give thanks for that, so the time would work for the northern hemisphere, but probably not down under...

I hear its not too popular amongst the Turkeys though!

-Ray

Latest threads

Top Bottom