1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Happy New Year

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by GaryAyala, Jan 2, 2011.

1. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I am new to 4/3rds photography having recently purchased a GF1. But, I am not new to photography having been a news photog for a decade ana half back in the film only days. I'm joining this forum to explore all the pluses and minuses of the micro 4/3rds systems.

Gary

My snaps are here: www.garyayala.smugmug.com

• Like Like x 1
  2. Grant

Grant Mu-43 Veteran

Happy New Year Gary you Have some very images on your smugmug.

3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Thank you Grant.

G

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Gary, I'm with Grant on the happy new year and your photos over on your website. For now, I've only been looking through your black and white pictures - and I'm very glad I have taken the time to look!:bravo-009:

I hope you'll make yourself at home here and become involved in the discussions and continue to share some of your GF1 photos within the threads. You may want to add your site via our Links section, as well.

Welcome!:biggrin:

5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Thank you BBW for the kinds words. Those old B&Ws were taken more than 30 years ago during the film only days when auto was a car not a camera setting ... lol ... man how times have changed ... and in this case for the better.

Gary

• Like Like x 1
  6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Gary, there are many of us here who remember those olden days.:wink:

Yes, I think in many ways times have changed for the better in the photo world. Don't misunderstand me, I was in love with photography and the act of printing...hours and hours passed and I was oblivious, however I always felt badly about all those chemicals...down the drain.:frown:

So three cheers for digital! Just keep formatting that SD card!:2thumbs: