Happy birthday to me!

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by tlong, May 12, 2012.

1. tlong

tlong Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 13, 2012
    Southeast USA
    I just ordered an Olympus 12/2 and a 45/1.8. I have been saving up for awhile...now I have to wait until Tuesday to get my hands on them. Help make the wait bearable by showing me some of your favorite pictures from these two lenses. I am hoping they will complement my 25/1.4 nicely!!!
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Happy birthday! I don't have the Oly 12 but have enjoyed the Oly 45 very much. Here's one of many family memories I documented with that lens:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Happy Birthday. I have the 45mm, and love it. My financial conscience is saying the 12mm on the 12-50 may have to do for a while. So enjoy your prime!
  4. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Happy birthday!!! Great purchases! I'd love to add the 12/2 to my lineup. But I already have the 14/2.5.
  5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Heckuva B-Day! :biggrin::2thumbs:
  6. wlewisiii

wlewisiii Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 16, 2011
    Hayward, WI
    William Barnett-Lewis
    Happy birthday, indeed. I'm hoping that by time the end of September rolls around, I'll be able to get myself the one of the 20/1.7, 17/2.8 or 19/2.8 as my birthday present to me. Someday, I'd like as my set the 12/2, 25/1.4 & 85/1.8 but that'll be awhile.
  7. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Happy birthday. I love the 45 (reminds me a lot of the Pen-F 40/1.4) and the 12 is something that I would love to have but as I already have the 14 I figure I can hold tight for now. :biggrin:
  8. tlong

tlong Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 13, 2012
    Southeast USA
    THanks for the birthday wishes, everyone! I appreciate the links, but believe me, I have pored over those galleries for months!!!
    Amin...thanks for sharing the beautiful shot of your family! My family is my favorite photography subject, too! I have an 8yo and a 9yo.
    I have been so torn on the 12. The price is a little hard to stomach for something I may not use much. Telephotos suit my style much better, but I am determined to learn to shoot wider!!! If I can't get the hang of it, I may trade it for the much anticipated 75/1.8 when it comes out :)
  9. rstrader

rstrader Mu-43 Regular

Apr 12, 2012
    Colorado Springs
    I'll throw in my birthday wishes a little late. It's obvious to me that you have a great mind, as I too use the 12, 25, and 45. A wonderful spread of focal lengths and a bunch of really good glass. I also have the 14-150 that I use outside when I don't want to be changing lenses in a dusty environment. It's a great little lens as well, but I much prefer the primes. I'm so glad that Olympus and Panasonic haven't forgotten the prime users of the world. I'm sure that for a lot of E-PM1 users that the 14-42 is all they will ever want or use. I am kind of thinking about the Panasonic 7-14. When the weather warms up here and I can get to the mountains, well...
  10. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Happy Birthday - which day, the 12th? Mine is today (13th) but I already bought all of my presents (and then some) in April, so no new gear today! Except my backordered battery should come fairly soon I hope.

11. tlong

tlong Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 13, 2012
    Southeast USA
    Thanks, Ray! Happy birthday to you, too! Mine is Wednesday (16). LAst year I turned 40 and all my friends threw me a big surprise party. This year, I'll just add another year quietly...with my new lenses :) The wait is killing me!