Happy birthday to me!

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by tlong, May 12, 2012.

1. tlong

tlong Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 13, 2012
    Southeast USA
    Tracey
    I just ordered an Olympus 12/2 and a 45/1.8. I have been saving up for awhile...now I have to wait until Tuesday to get my hands on them. Help make the wait bearable by showing me some of your favorite pictures from these two lenses. I am hoping they will complement my 25/1.4 nicely!!!

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Happy birthday! I don't have the Oly 12 but have enjoyed the Oly 45 very much. Here's one of many family memories I documented with that lens:

6270532978_081b845ced_b.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Happy Birthday. I have the 45mm, and love it. My financial conscience is saying the 12mm on the 12-50 may have to do for a while. So enjoy your prime!

4. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Happy birthday!!! Great purchases! I'd love to add the 12/2 to my lineup. But I already have the 14/2.5.

5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Heckuva B-Day! :biggrin::2thumbs:

6. wlewisiii

wlewisiii Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 16, 2011
    Hayward, WI
    William B. Lewis
    Happy birthday, indeed. I'm hoping that by time the end of September rolls around, I'll be able to get myself the one of the 20/1.7, 17/2.8 or 19/2.8 as my birthday present to me. Someday, I'd like as my set the 12/2, 25/1.4 & 85/1.8 but that'll be awhile.

7. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Happy birthday. I love the 45 (reminds me a lot of the Pen-F 40/1.4) and the 12 is something that I would love to have but as I already have the 14 I figure I can hold tight for now. :biggrin:

8. tlong

tlong Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 13, 2012
    Southeast USA
    Tracey
    THanks for the birthday wishes, everyone! I appreciate the links, but believe me, I have pored over those galleries for months!!!
    Amin...thanks for sharing the beautiful shot of your family! My family is my favorite photography subject, too! I have an 8yo and a 9yo.
    I have been so torn on the 12. The price is a little hard to stomach for something I may not use much. Telephotos suit my style much better, but I am determined to learn to shoot wider!!! If I can't get the hang of it, I may trade it for the much anticipated 75/1.8 when it comes out :)

9. rstrader

rstrader Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Colorado Springs
    I'll throw in my birthday wishes a little late. It's obvious to me that you have a great mind, as I too use the 12, 25, and 45. A wonderful spread of focal lengths and a bunch of really good glass. I also have the 14-150 that I use outside when I don't want to be changing lenses in a dusty environment. It's a great little lens as well, but I much prefer the primes. I'm so glad that Olympus and Panasonic haven't forgotten the prime users of the world. I'm sure that for a lot of E-PM1 users that the 14-42 is all they will ever want or use. I am kind of thinking about the Panasonic 7-14. When the weather warms up here and I can get to the mountains, well...

10. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Happy Birthday - which day, the 12th? Mine is today (13th) but I already bought all of my presents (and then some) in April, so no new gear today! Except my backordered battery should come fairly soon I hope.

-Ray

11. tlong

tlong Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 13, 2012
    Southeast USA
    Tracey
    Thanks, Ray! Happy birthday to you, too! Mine is Wednesday (16). LAst year I turned 40 and all my friends threw me a big surprise party. This year, I'll just add another year quietly...with my new lenses :) The wait is killing me!