Happy 2014 everyone!!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Alpha Whiskey Photography, Dec 31, 2013.

1. fortwodriver

fortwodriver Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Indeed! Happy New Year! I'm hoping to get out much more this year and take some great pictures. I've also got a lot of gigs lined up. It may just be a good time for a bass player who likes to take photos! :2thumbs:
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Happy new year!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. phl0wtography

phl0wtography Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 15, 2011
    Happy New Year 2014!

Resolutions photography wise, you were asking? Well, you didn't but this thread is predestined for those. The easy one would always be to buy less gear. However, since I can hardly afford gear, my resolutions for twenty14 are actually hard ones:
    * frame more (it's not that I print little, it's just that hardly anything makes it into frames and onto a wall)
    * print even more (it's usually christmas that I print the most for family, and friends, and I'm overwhelmed year after year by the increased quality in pretty affordable prints - I should print more for myself)
    * get rid of stuff that rarely sees use (dev kit) since I got my E-M5 in spring (analogue gear, the E-M5 is as good as 135-film, and then some), and is a major health threat (deving liquids)
    * use properly controlled lighting (flash) more often instead of fast lenses wide open in available light with family, and friends (yes, I paid a premium for a 25/1.4 pseudo-Leica, and yet it doesn't mean I have to shoot it at 1/50s@6400, when I can get a sharp photo at 1/100s and base ISO thanks to flash, with the option to stop it down for added DoF)
    * get an used X100 for less than an used 17/1.8 (I used the 17/1.8 over the christmas holidays - totally underwhelmed by it compared to O45, and PL25)
    * keep a clean shop (i.e. LR-catalogue) for a change (every year sees my hitting "X" on literally THOUSANDS of images that I haven't used because I had better multiples, they were OOF, or they turned out crap altogether - I deleted 12k only tonight)

That said, thank God, life isn't just photography, and the resolutions on stuff that REALLY matters I'm afraid are even harder... and yet here I am looking forward to those.

Happy 2014, everyone
    • Like Like x 1
  4. RoadTraveler

RoadTraveler Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 23, 2012
    alive and WELL I hope :2thumbs:

Cheers to all the members of mu-43.com. Overall a very genuinely sincere, intelligent, and pleasant bunch. Certainly one of the best mannered forums I've ever joined and regularly participated on…and I only participate and contribute where folks act like ladies and gentlemen. And, this appears to be the norm, without the need for heavy moderation.

Don't go changing'

• Like Like x 1
  5. London New Year Fireworks….

Not the best this year….

• Like Like x 5
  6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Happy New Year all!

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
  8. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Happy new year to you all.
  9. janneman

janneman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    Jan (John) Kusters
    Best wishes to all!

10. Reynard

Reynard Mu-43 Regular

Jul 1, 2012
    Cleethorpes, UK
    A very Happy New Year to everyone.

Regards, Paul.
  11. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    • Like Like x 2
  12. fortwodriver

fortwodriver Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Ray I love the context shot. The colour and the grit is really great!

Happy New Year!
  13. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Thanks. Kind of reminds me of some of the old time shots I saw of the Hindenburg disaster in an odd way, but obviously no disaster here - just a good time!

14. e_kjellgren

e_kjellgren Mu-43 Regular

Oct 17, 2011
  15. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 14, 2010

E-M5 + Oly 12-40mm f/2.8
    ISO: 200
    Aperture: f/7.1
    Focal length: 12mm
    Exp.time: 5.1s (live time)

OOC-JPEG with "resize + sharpen" in Photoshop.
  16. totohdyt

totohdyt Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 18, 2012
    Happy new year everyone !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. colonelpurple

colonelpurple Mu-43 Regular

Feb 7, 2013
    lovely pics on that link, thanks for posting

Happy new 2014 1435 1392 5774 1935 222 1388620800
  18. rklepper

rklepper Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    I know I am a little late, but as long as it starts with happy, I should be okay.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!