Hanimax 28mm f2.8 m42 a good lens?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by snyper564, Apr 11, 2011.

1. snyper564

snyper564 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2011
    I found this lens today for abt $35 in abs mint condition with both original lens caps is this a good lens is it worth it has anyone got thoughts on this lens thanks
  2. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    Who knows? Hanimex did have a terrible reputation, like very early Sigmas, or Makinon.
    But supposing you hit the abnormally well assembled one?
    Just test it: you don't need to waste film, do you?
    This assuming you already own the appropriate adapter, otherwise drop it (but not litterally).
  3. iliakoltsov

iliakoltsov Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2010
    Correction they did have a terrible reputation on Full frame , as there were the side maker from Makina optics ( Makinon). In other words lenses that were not to the standard of makinon were used in Hanimex. The only risk you get is that the lens will be terribly soft. This usually happens due to the bad glass or bad assembly , now from my knowledge of makinon lenses i can tell you straight off you can find a lot better ( usually the handling is really bad due to the weight of the thing), but if you get it at a low price it is fun to play with it.

I found a link, someone tested it on pentax :

Hanimex 28mm f:2.8 - test shot - PentaxForums.com

This could give you an idea , but as you know lenses can behave differently on M4/3.
  4. snyper564

snyper564 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2011
    I'm wondering is it maybe just the best to take my G1 along to all the pawn shops and test the lenses out?
  5. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    If you have the correct adapter to test a lens out it will certainly help you avoid buying a dud. Third-party brand lenses can be hit and miss in terms of quality, although I think I've been pretty lucky with a few. My Vivitar 24/2.8 is a favourite, and also I have a Cobra and a Sirius 28/2.8 which are basically the same lens and also work very well. The build quality of these lenses surpasses that of some Canon or Nikon lenses I 've used from the same era.

Some samples of non-OEM brand lenses can be found here.

6. Jdumas

Jdumas Mu-43 Regular

sniper564 please be sure and add it to the thread luckypenguin linked. We would like to see some examples.

Enjoy your new lens!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. iliakoltsov

iliakoltsov Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2010