1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Handstrap - EP2

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by chrism_scotland, Aug 22, 2011.

1. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
  2. pharaviel

pharaviel Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 20, 2011
    Reggio Emilia, Italy
    Daniele Frizzi
    I have a couple (from my slr kit), but our cameras are too small the hand won't fit right...

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    The one I use fits on just the single neck-strap lug on the right side of the camera, with no connection to the tripod mount. This works very well on the PEN, and is independent of camera size (thus avoiding the problem Daniele (pharaviel) mentions.

Unfortunately, I can't link you to anywhere to buy them, as mine is more or less homemade, modified from a camcorder hand strap.

4. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I REALLY like Gordy's camera straps (can you tell by the all caps and the bold?). They are well made, comfy and look great. They make the wrist strap in 3 standard sizes or you can get a custom sized one. On my G2 I have the extra long lug attachment version. They are definitely my favorites and I'm not sure I'd even consider a different type anymore.

5. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    +1 for Gordy's... They're a bit like Domke I think - get one and you just won't bother looking elsewhere next time :smile:

This is the Regular length with integral strap bumper on my GH2...

6069527666_97ba7d0236_z.

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Yeah, the Gordy's look good. :D But that's a wrist strap, not a hand strap... I personally prefer a hand strap, myself. Not sure about Chris.

I'll try to get a picture taken of my rig with the handstrap. It's kinda tough though 'cause I don't have enough bodies and adapters to go around to take pictures of them. I'll have to swap things around to get a photo of the hand strap in use.

7. songs2001

songs2001 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    I also have a gordys, they also make straps that attach to the tripod mount, if one is looking for a hand strap

8. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Thanks guys, the Gordy straps look lovely, I've found a stockist in the UK so for £14 I think I'll try that, to be honest it was probably a wrist strap I meant rather than hand strap anyway I didn't think about them being different things!

9. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    Keep in mind if you order direct from Gordy's website prices are inclusive of worldwide shipping ;) dixeyk posted the link above...

For an EP1/2 you might want to try the string-attachment, rather than the lug (the one in my GH2 is a lug-mount) - I'd imagine this would allow a bit more room for your hand on the grip.

10. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    Dave
    E_P1_Voigtlander_1_4_Gordy_Strap.

Love the Gordy's

• Like Like x 1
  11. dogsbees

dogsbees New to Mu-43

Aug 20, 2012
  12. hinata76

hinata76 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    Singapore
    Yeah Gordy's is great strap! Got one myself months back.

on Nokia 8800