Handheld post focus with G80

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by davidedric, Aug 12, 2017.

1. davidedric

davidedric Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2013
    Cheshire, UK
    Dave
    tripod 3.
    handheld.

I recently took delivery of a G80 (already have a G7) so thought I'd run through the post focus / focus stacking capabilities.

Here are a couple of examples. Nothing remarkable as photographs, but whereas the first was shot from a tripod, the second was handheld- really didn't expect to get anything this decent.

Lens is Panasonic 12-35mm, wide open (just to make it difficult). Video rendered in Photoshop, selected frames stacked in Helicon Focus, and just spruced up a bit in Lightroom.

Dave

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Being new to this G80 post focus thing, I know how to do it in camera, how do you do it in Photoshop to render the individual frames for stacking in Helicon Focus.

Thanks

Paul

3. davidedric

davidedric Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2013
    Cheshire, UK
    Dave
    It's absurdly simple. Open the video in Photoshop (I have CC). You need to have the timeline showing, but I can't remember whether this happens automatically. Then in the bottom left hand corner just below the words Audio Track there is a single arrow pointing up and to the right. Clicking on this opens the rendering dialogue, and away you go. I then use FastStone to select the actual frames I want to stack, and drag them into Helicon Focus.

Dave

4. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Thanks

Will give that a go

5. Hazza

Hazza Just Clicking Subscribing Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Huddersfield UK
    Harry
    I just got a G80 and thought I would give the post focus a try, this one is shot with the 12-35 f2.8 set at f4.0. It was done in camera but is very impressive.

36868328771_7bf17ab162_h. post focus test by Harry Cutts, on Flickr

• Like Like x 5
    • Wow Wow x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.