1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Handheld HDR tries and walk around Jersey City

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by zettapixel, Jul 14, 2011.

1. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    I guess one lesson I learned from it is (which should've been obvious anyway) - no sense in having running water in multi-shot HDR.
    I also tried to compare Photomatix 3 and Nik HDR Efex. I liked Photomatix controls a bit better, but IMHO Nik does a better job at de-ghosting aligned shots, so I ended up buying HDR Efex...
    All except the last 2 are with 9-18, the last 2 - Konica 57/1.4

3 from Downtown NY

This was with Photomatix, spent 40min on it, too tired to try Nik...

p421548257-5.

Nik.. wasn't able to remove nasty effect around the cloud (maybe will re-do the shot some day)

[​IMG]

Single shot HDR (Nik), multi-shot doesn't work well on water.
    p301817167-5.

Stuff from Jersey City

Single-shot HDR (Nik)

p191226688-5.

Mild single-shot HDR (Nik)

p61448400-5.

Non-HDR shots

p271051119-4.

Got lucky on this one - the wind calmed down for a couple of minutes and I was able to focus well

p14859539-5.

• Like Like x 2
  2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I rather like the water effect. Thanks for sharing.

3. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    Thank you. Unfortunately, when I tried using HDR from multiple exposures (3, 1 stop bracketing) the less blurred water in the underexposed shots, having more details, interfered and the result was a mix of water from different shots - not very nice looking :frown:. Also, the fact that it can't really be aligned unless totally blurred doesn't help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.