1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Had the Pen F been released a few months ago I think I would have got it over the E-M5 MK II.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by So Thankful, Feb 3, 2016.

1. So Thankful

So Thankful Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    The more I research this new Pen F the more I think I want one. I am pretty sure I would have gotten it back in Nov. when I got the E-M5 MK II had it been available.
    What always kept me away from the Pen line of cameras is their lack of built in EVF.
    I am seriously contemplating trading the E-M5 MK II for an F when it is available.
    Maybe I am nuts but this camera seems to just be calling to me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    You may be nuts, but not about camera gear. I love my E-M5 II and I won't be parting with it anytime soon. I also like the PEN F, but with reservations. I am going to pick one up when the price drops to $999.99. We will see if my wife likes it more than her current E-M10 I or if it makes a good daily carry camera for me. I do like the PEN F, and I want another PEN, but it does not scream "must-have!" for me at the current price.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    B&H keeps moving the anticipated date of availability. As of tonight they are saying February 10.

• Like Like x 1
  4. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Good. I do see a small market that will appreciate the Pen F for what it is. I do think the market for it is smaller though...

5. So Thankful

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    David, I completely understand. The E-M5 MK II is a wonderful camera. It is all about the form factor with me. I was very close to picking up a E-P5 when I got the MK II. Had it had an EVF I would have. I do have an E-M5 as well. Should the need arise for a weather proof body it will work just fine.
    BTW I see you live in Chicago. I am 4 hours south on I57 in Effingham.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    We know Effingham, both my wife and I did our undergraduate studies at U of I a long time ago. We will be down next in the spring when my wife will be speaking there.

• Like Like x 1
  7. So Thankful

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    I grew up in Champaign. Small world.

• Like Like x 1