Had the Pen F been released a few months ago I think I would have got it over the E-M5 MK II.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by So Thankful, Feb 3, 2016.

1. So Thankful

So Thankful Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    The more I research this new Pen F the more I think I want one. I am pretty sure I would have gotten it back in Nov. when I got the E-M5 MK II had it been available.
    What always kept me away from the Pen line of cameras is their lack of built in EVF.
    I am seriously contemplating trading the E-M5 MK II for an F when it is available.
    Maybe I am nuts but this camera seems to just be calling to me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    You may be nuts, but not about camera gear. I love my E-M5 II and I won't be parting with it anytime soon. I also like the PEN F, but with reservations. I am going to pick one up when the price drops to $999.99. We will see if my wife likes it more than her current E-M10 I or if it makes a good daily carry camera for me. I do like the PEN F, and I want another PEN, but it does not scream "must-have!" for me at the current price.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    B&H keeps moving the anticipated date of availability. As of tonight they are saying February 10.

• Like Like x 1
  4. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Good. I do see a small market that will appreciate the Pen F for what it is. I do think the market for it is smaller though...

5. So Thankful

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    David, I completely understand. The E-M5 MK II is a wonderful camera. It is all about the form factor with me. I was very close to picking up a E-P5 when I got the MK II. Had it had an EVF I would have. I do have an E-M5 as well. Should the need arise for a weather proof body it will work just fine.
    BTW I see you live in Chicago. I am 4 hours south on I57 in Effingham.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    We know Effingham, both my wife and I did our undergraduate studies at U of I a long time ago. We will be down next in the spring when my wife will be speaking there.

• Like Like x 1
  7. So Thankful

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    I grew up in Champaign. Small world.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.