?hacked

dogs100

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Geoff
I am not sure whether we have been invaded but there are some funny post titles showing in my browser

Hypilein

Mu-43 All-Pro
To make the site slightly more usable, use the ignore feature on the spammers. I'm sure @Amin Sabet will deal with it shortly.

Edit: Looks like ignore doesn't work on the recent posts sidebar?

Petrochemist

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mike
To make the site slightly more usable, use the ignore feature on the spammers. I'm sure @Amin Sabet will deal with it shortly.

Edit: Looks like ignore doesn't work on the recent posts sidebar?
Clicking on the user name on the recent posts page gives a number of options including ignore.

Unfortunately with this number of spam posts the 'recent posts' gets filled up even more quickly than usual. Holding less than 12hours at the moment.

DanS

Mu-43 All-Pro
I'm subscribed to the rumors sub-forum, and I just woke up to a packed inbox. Looks like some little Indian (based on the country code, and cut English) hacker found a way around the sign up process.

Last edited:

Biro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
The attack started shortly before midnight eastern time Wednesday night/Thursday morning. I reported all of the individual spam posts up to about 1am and sent Amin a message. But since I'm not a moderator on this board (I am on the Fuji board) there isn't much else I could do. Those posts just kept coming overnight and into today. As soon as Amin is aware I'm sure he'll deal with it. I can't imagine any hacker thinking anyone would respond to such messages. They look exactly like what they are. It seems more like a malicious effort to just overwhelm the site.

After these types of things is always a good time for reminder that you, too, can subscribe to the forum.

Amin spent his time this morning between bites of avocado toast to get things back up an humming. It's a great way to show him and the other mods some gratitude.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom