GX9

CiaranCReilly

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ciaran Reilly
I've replaced my GX7 with a GX9 this week, so far I'm liking the new GX9, but have a feeling the GX7 handles better and is made of nicer materials. I can definitely see the performance gains over the years between them, and appreciate the better wireless connectivity of the GX9.

I've replaced my GX7 with a GX9 this week, so far I'm liking the new GX9, but have a feeling the GX7 handles better and is made of nicer materials. I can definitely see the performance gains over the years between them, and appreciate the better wireless connectivity of the GX9.
You'll find it handles a lot better when you sell your GX7 and stop being able to compare!! ;)

CyVan

Mu-43 All-Pro
Get the extended grip for it and maybe the eyecup . Makes a big difference

Chris999999

Mu-43 Regular
The JJC grip is better than the Panasonic grip because it has a cut out for the battery door which the Panasonic one stupidly doesn't.

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
GX9 is designed to be small and compact. The G9 has a big grip.

Yet, you'd think Panny would realize that nil grip doesn't matter since a lens will normally be on the body.

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
The GX80 is half the price of the G9 (body only). Bargain. If I could be sure that there will not be a G10, I would buy one. Plenty of time, I only took 42 photos today.

CiaranCReilly

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ciaran Reilly
You'll find it handles a lot better when you sell your GX7 and stop being able to compare!! ;)
True that!

Get the extended grip for it and maybe the eyecup . Makes a big difference
I don't mind the grip or eyecup, it's the general "niceness" of the materials that I think is slightly better on the GX7, however I will surely soon forget as I get the appreciate the speed and other technical benefits.

RS86

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I can recommend the eBay 3D printed grip. Cost me something like 20 €. Very light. Has a battery door.

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
True that!

I don't mind the grip or eyecup, it's the general "niceness" of the materials that I think is slightly better on the GX7, however I will surely soon forget as I get the appreciate the speed and other technical benefits.
A leather half case helps a lot, I had one on my GX85. The Gariz one is especially nice.

Juggernaut

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Larry
Gx9 has nothing to do with Gx8 or Gx85 as it is named Gx7ii in Japan. I just bought a Gx9 four months ago for $500 less. It's solid, compact, metal build with IBIS and a great number of choices of bang-for-the-buck prime lenses. It is a camera for photographing rather than video filming and eclipsed by other vlogging gears nowadays.

Last edited:

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
I think that the GX9 is an almost perfect camera, for many people. Not too large, plenty of features, well built, with metal top and bottom plates and a composite body. Great performance.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom