GX9 - weird stabilisation issue solved

Peter LO

Mu-43 Regular
My GX9 had developed stabilisation issue recently. Everything was fine when I used fast shutter speeds that minimal IS should have applied. But at reasonably low shutter speeds that IS should shine (1" - 1/15"), turning on IS produced shakier pictures than turning IS off.

The same lens (12-32) was found working fine with Pen F, producing very usable images down to 1".

I went through the settings, nothing seemed wrong. But something on the user's manual (Pg. 324) drew my attention:

"When I shake the camera, I hear a rattling sound from the camera.
• The sound is caused by the In-Body Image Stabilizer. This is not a malfunction."

I hadn't heard that sound recently!

So I turned off the camera, shook it vigorously for a few time until I heard the rattling sound - and the IBIS function is back to normal.

mumu

Mu-43 Veteran
That's one of the more unusual diagnostic techniques I've read of but congratulations on getting your IBIS working again!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom