GX85 Wobble

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Dig, Jul 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Dig

Dig New to Mu-43

Jul 4, 2016
    Hi, Just picked up a GX85 last evening. I quickly noticed there is a wobble feeling in the camera. I first noticed it carrying the camera in one hand while walking. I tried it without a lens attached and it still has a wobble to it. I think it wobbles less when powered on.

I've not noticed this on any other camera before and it's quite disconcerting . Is this normal for this camera?

Thanks!

2. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Congrats, you now have a camera with multi-axis IBIS. The sensor can move around, but is actively controlled when powered up so doesn't move as much. It's something that you have in common with all OM-D and late PEN owners.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JensM

JensM Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Oslo(ish), Norway
    As screename
    ^This^

Quite unsetteling at first. I thought my Pentax K7 was broken when it came from the shop, with its "Cachunk" noises and something definitively moving around in there.

You are GTG. :)

4. Dig

Dig New to Mu-43

Jul 4, 2016
    Thanks very much. Admittedly, this is my first ILC with IBIS. it's not something I noticed in the store, but I wasn't walking around (or away) with the demo camera. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.