GX85 on a Tripod

Joris

Mu-43 Veteran
Whoa ! Ordered this last Friday from Amazon USA, I already received it here in France at noon on Monday. What to say ? It fits perfectly on the GX80, it screws on without slightly tilting or wobble : as firm a connection with tripod head as one could wish for, on the GX 80, I suppose. Gives complete clearance for the barrel of the PL 35-100mm f/2.8, still allowing for free movement of the tilt screen. Arca Swiss groove all around, enabling instant 90° angle change. Sole drawback is the absence of security screws, preventing the camera to fall in case the tripod head clamp is not screwed tight.
Happy with it. On n'est jamais si bien servi que par soi-même.

Last edited:

Lenny

Mu-43 Regular
Well I just payed € 40 for this DMW-TA1 because my new PL 35-100mm f/2.8 was touching my Arca Swiss plate. Screwed on as firmly as possible, this expensive gadget between GX 80 and the Arca Swiss plate gives a very shaky stance on one of the most solid tripods available on the market. Unusable !!
That's a shame to hear! Mine fits very well between my GX9 and tripod and I experience no wiggle or shake. I agree it's expensive for what it is though, I paid about £30 for it but it has served me well, use it mainly for video work.

Joris

Mu-43 Veteran
That's a shame to hear! Mine fits very well between my GX9 and tripod and I experience no wiggle or shake. I agree it's expensive for what it is though, I paid about £30 for it but it has served me well, use it mainly for video work.
Don't worry, I sent it back, got reimbursed and found a less costly, sturdy alternative that I am happy with :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom