Gx85 ISO12,500

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Getting ready for a trip to the American SW and haven't used this camera since 2019. I travel with the Oly 75-300 II and this year the Pany 14 & GWC1. Here is an image at 258mm/f6.7 1/250 @ ISO12500 run through NoNoise AI (I processed this in PS, but if you are using wide angle it won't read the builtin lens profile so I use my copy of On1 software).

I think the detail is amazing.

M43SquirleISO12500.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Michael Houston

Mu-43 Rookie
Getting ready for a trip to the American SW and haven't used this camera since 2019. I travel with the Oly 75-300 II and this year the Pany 14 & GWC1. Here is an image at 300mm/f6.7 1/250 @ ISO12500 run through NoNoise AI (I processed this in PS, but if you are using wide angle it won't read the builtin lens profile so I use my copy of On1 software).

I think the detail is amazing.

View attachment 903641

Someone wiser than I once said that a noisy shot was better than a blurry one; i.e., in this day and age, a high ISO isn't necessarily a bad choice. I think your excellent squirrel bears this out.

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
Super.

Here is the Eureka Tower at ISO 12,800, hand held from a semi-pontoon pedestrian bridge with LOTS of people on it.

The OoC JPEG was pretty useless, but the RAW prints decently at A4 size.

E-M1_JAK_2015-_C172085_JK_E-2_Ew.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
That was processed with Photoshop CS6 at the time.

It is surprising (to some) that noise is far less obvious in print than it is on screen, Richard.

None of my current PCs would run any of the fancy modern AI s/w.
If you dropbox me a raw and message me the link, I'd be intrigued to see what Deepprime noise reduction would produce.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom