GX85 Grip

The JJC grip for the GX85 looks pretty good. I particularly like the Arca Swiss rail.
What does worry me though is that it is marketed to fit the GX9 as well as the GX85.
These two bodies aren't exactly the same size and I was wonder if anybody has tried this grip on a GX85 and is happy with it?

Last edited:

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
I used the same on my GX9. It's good, but adds some heft... For what it's worth I actually preferred using the Gariz half case on the GX85 to the JJC grip on the GX9. But that could be subjective!

It arrived today and I'm in agreement with all the above.
Nicely built, feels good in the hand and the Arca Swiss rail provides something for the left-hand fingers to grip.
The right side extends just a smidgen more that it needs too... to accommodate the GX9 which is a fraction longer than the 85, but it's something that you would need to be looking for to notice.
So, quite happy and I can see myself leaving it on permanently even though I only have small, light lenses.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom